This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay Fish Friday!

Because it is Lent, my family eats fish on Fridays. Today, my mom discovered a new tradition for us. She brought home two packs of freshly-made sushi- One California roll and one crunchy shrimp roll. My tummy is happy.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Oooh...that sounds awesome. We're making salmon loaf tonight (yes, it's rather late for dinner, but I just got off work and there was a major storm so Kabe started cooking late). My mom makes an awesome cheesy broccoli soup that you can throw shrimp into as well.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ooh. o.o Both of those sound really good.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Sounds a bit odd, but one of my favorites is breaded orange roughy. Hope I spelled that right.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Every Friday is fish at my work cafeteria, Lent or no.

Unfortunately, I don't like fish. But usually they have roasted chicken breasts at the grill, and I get rice from the entree station (where they have the fish) and a vegetable if they have something good there.

I really need to start cooking.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I like cooking white fish (usually cod sometimes haddock, I can't honestly tell the difference) in the way my mother showed me - it's really stupidly simple and I'm probably preaching to the choir. ^^ Wash the loin, pat it dry, then roll it gently in a plate of white flour that has some salt and a little pepper added to it. I once got mixed up with the spices for seasoning the flour and I added cinnamon to it by accident, but it came out so yummy that I now always add a dash of it. Then have a nice hot pan with some melted butter in it, place your loins in (the fish loins!! Not yours!! Pan hot!) and fry until the coating has become golden brown and the meat is less translucent. You might need to add more butter (we use Lurpak spread, slightly healthier and still yummy) if the pan looks dry or you'll make a horrible burnt patch. Then fish slice them out and serve with whatever you want - they're great with chips as it can come out a little crunchy like battered fish. Everyone I've cooked this for have loved it
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I usually do a nice pan-fried tilapia filet and then serve it with liguine and alfredo sauce. Also broccoli and cauliflower since it's in season right now in the US.

Another good one is potato and broccoli chowder, and my kids love veggie pizza.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I make tilapia parmesan that Hubby loves. We also eat a lot of salmon. We either just season it with pepper and other spices and keep it plain and simple, or we'll load it with spinach and tomatoes and bake it all together, or we'll do BBQ salmon. Smoked salmon in really good, homemade mac & cheese (read: not the boxed stuff) is also really good.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

mmmm, fish. We love fish, even though we don't observe Lent.

Last Friday, I made tomato basil parmesan cod, with garlic tomato couscous, and am planning an apple-citrus salad with bacon, avocado and shrimp for THIS weekend, just haven't decided when. Also need to get some salmon for citrus soy glazed salmon, and various other recipes. I'm so excited, I get to stock up on fish, I'm kind of a dork.

Comment

Working...
                  X