This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kristev View Post
    Now that I've read through this whole thing, this is clear elder abuse. Something must be done to protect "Caroline" from Sally.

And I mean something serious. Not just a P. O. A. that could be rescinded the moment Sally is alone with her again.

Adult protective services seems a fair avenue.
    One thing (that Adult Protective Services could help with) would be to get her mental state evaluated by a doctor, so that it is documented that she is no longer competent to handle her own affairs. Once this is documented, any rescinding of/issuing of new P.O.A.s would be null and void (check with APS on who to go to in order to "back out" a new-but-void P.O.A.). Be sure to go in person to any bank where "Caroline" has dealings in order to bring them "up to speed" on the documentation of her mental condition, so that they know that the P.O.A.s that exist are the last ones which can exist, and that any changes are to be rejected out-of-hand on the grounds that they were authorized by someone not competent to do so.

A relative of mine, a few years back, was in a similar (mental, not treatment by family members) situation, and the bank told the P.O.A. holder that it was a good thing they had the P.O.A., because if they didn't the bank wouldn't be able to accept one that was generated (and this was without a doctor - the relative and the holder were at the bank together to do some business, and this was the banker's evaluation).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X