This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming board logistics

I've got a little logistics question that...might be interesting.

I go to the Student Nationals of Gaming every year. This year is Cardiff's first time hosting it. It's going to be fun. Now not last year, but the year before, I won stuff on a raffle *shock!* I won some desert terrain gaming boards and decorations!! This was in Edinburgh...I live in Hampshire...we had flown, and there was no way I could get three painted 2ftx4ft ish boards onto the prop plane. I took the box of decorations, though.

The nice lady fron Edinburgh who ran the Nationals then has been lovely and has been keeping the boards for me. She's asked on the forums if I can take them, and I really want to because they're lovely. Now here's the issue: I imagine they're somewhat heavy, they're large, and there's three of them. We are going by train to Cardiff and it's not a long journey. How can I take the boards off her hands and get them on the train back to Eastleigh? Would I have to ask the guard to look after them?

Potential logistics help would be appreciated. I'd rather not have to ship or book a carrier, and neither I nor my housemate can really get a van...
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

You may be able (if it isn't occupied) be able to ask the conductor if you could put them in bike space. One of you may have to stay with them though. Conductors are busy chaps/chapesses.
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
    X