This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
    If they're plain white, maybe you could use them for other holidays?
    I actually use the clear mini lights to string through the ficus bushes in my office. They can also be used for lighting around your outside patio or deck area.

I know this b/c Mom and I bought a bunch of strands a number of years ago and I got them out in the spring and had them running all over all the railings on the deck, even down the handrails at the steps.

Of course, they wore out after a few years and I had to take them all out . . . but I'm in the mood again to redo the lights but can't find those clear lights right now.

And if I wait until right after Christmas when what's left usually goes for 50%, they're always GONE first.

So I guess I'll have to get mine around October or November and pack them away until next spring.

*le sigh*
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And my friends think I'm crazy because I start shopping in September, and put the lights up Nov 1st (same day I take down the Halloween decor). I may be insane, but I'm not that insane! (I may buy a gift at any point in the year if I find the perfect one and stow it away...but the decorations can wait a couple more months).

We have purple rope lights that run along the tops of the walls in the living room. If one goes out, we wait until fall to replace it, though, and simply stock-up when we find good deals. I wouldn't expect to be able to replace it this time of year unless I special-ordered it.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

well... i do confess that my BF got me some halloween & fall "fat quarters" of fabric. but those were in the clearance section.

I'm sewing them up into holiday bandanas to give to the dog rescue that we got our pooch from. Save for one of the fall-pattered ones. that one i'm embroidering around the red leaves in copper colored thread to make a special one just for our dog. ;-)
        Last edited by PepperElf; 06-26-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Yesterday, my Mom and I went to the Department of Social Services to turn in some paperwork and meet with the caseworker. A couple employees (including our caseworker we had been waiting for over an hour to see), were busy putting a Christmas tree together. It had multi-colored lights, a tree skirt, and a hodge-podge collection of Christmas themed ornaments.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
            Yesterday, my Mom and I went to the Department of Social Services to turn in some paperwork and meet with the caseworker. A couple employees (including our caseworker we had been waiting for over an hour to see), were busy putting a Christmas tree together. It had multi-colored lights, a tree skirt, and a hodge-podge collection of Christmas themed ornaments.
            One of our neighbors in the apartment complex across the street has had their tree up all year! Plugged in much of the time, too.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              If I were making Christmas gifts, I could understand starting as early as possible
              As Mrs. TGK & I will be traveling to escape family drama, that's our plan: as I can goodies from our garden, we'll be laying out gift baskets for our relatives. I estimate finishing them and packing for shipping by Halloween and shipping out the gifts by Pearl Harbor Day. I close the garden (i.e. pick everthing--ripe or not) on the weekend of Columbus Day--just before the frost (at least here in Zone 5), except for the time I grew brussels sprouts as the frost improves those greatly.
              Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              And my friends think I'm crazy because I start shopping in September, and put the lights up Nov 1st (same day I take down the Halloween decor). I may be insane, but I'm not that insane! (I may buy a gift at any point in the year if I find the perfect one and stow it away...but the decorations can wait a couple more months).
              Since, I'll be starting I July, I can't cast too big of a stone.
              I turn off the electrical Halloween decorations and leave the generic autumn ones up for Thanksgiving. Weather (and post-Thanksgiving cleaning load) permitting, I put up the Christmas decs on Black Friday...or at least that weekend. As the CS card list usually comes out by November, I plan to send out at least the non-US cards that weekend this year.

Back to the OP: why doesn't this surprise me? Back-to-school when it's barely out?!

We wish you all a stress-free holiday season.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It's not that shocking. The little shop of horrors used to do this. Not quite this early, mind you, but around August, it would begin appearing.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X