This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little kid, big money

This isn't a suck, it was just funny. A mom comes in with an adorable two-ish-year-old girl who wants to order her own food and points at it in the lunch case. I wish I'd been closer because then I would have heard her name for the dumplings, which by the adults' reaction was hilarious. She also said 'Fank you!' very softly and sweetly whenever someone brought something to the table.

Anyways, she and mom share a combo with some noodles and dumplings and broccoli, and during a quiet moment in our tiny restaurant, the little girl toddles up to the counter where I'm standing by the cash and hands me a hundred dollar bill. I look up and her mom is sitting at her table about ten feet away, watching very closely. Yeah, I wanted to do stuff like that when I was that age, but we never paid for a $12 lunch with a $100 bill. Not sure if my parents would have let me hold one if I was out of arm's reach.

Anyways, when I recovered I think I said something like 'Are you treating mommy to lunch? That's nice of you.' And then I went to ask the boss if we could change a hundred.

That's the neighbourhood I work in, anyways. Everyone's got money and (gasp) manners. I've worked various retail jobs around here for six months and I think I can remember two SCs.

D'awww, that's a cute age. When niece was younger, she couldn't say "frog". Instead the word sounded like "f*ck". So I'd keep asking her to say frog. Yes, mommy wasn't amused at niece's bad aunt.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

A friend's 2-year-old pronounces crocodile like "Rock-a-dile".

Then there was also the 2-year-old at the daycare I did work experience at who would do the following:

Person: <Child>, what sound does the rabbit make?
      Kid: Kerick! <mimes a rabbit being skinned>

Turned out that kid was raised on a farm.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
        Anyways, she and mom share a combo with some noodles and dumplings and broccoli, and during a quiet moment in our tiny restaurant, the little girl toddles up to the counter where I'm standing by the cash and hands me a hundred dollar bill. I look up and her mom is sitting at her table about ten feet away, watching very closely. Yeah, I wanted to do stuff like that when I was that age, but we never paid for a $12 lunch with a $100 bill. Not sure if my parents would have let me hold one if I was out of arm's reach.

Anyways, when I recovered I think I said something like 'Are you treating mommy to lunch? That's nice of you.' And then I went to ask the boss if we could change a hundred.
        You know there is that little thing called inflation...

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          D'awww, that's a cute age. When niece was younger, she couldn't say "frog". Instead the word sounded like "f*ck". So I'd keep asking her to say frog. Yes, mommy wasn't amused at niece's bad aunt.
          My coworker was telling me that, as a result of her husband's accent (Swedish) and her daughter's age, when her daughter tries to say "fork" it comes out as "f**k."
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

^^

That reminds me of this:

Food To Swear By
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

In Alien Resurrection, Ripley initially had the same problem.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My 2 year old Grandson's catch phrase right now is "Watchin" He will be playing and suddenly sit down putting his chin in his hand and says "Watchin"

Comment

Aww how utterly adorable

Comment

Working...
                  X