Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting a FREE meal BUT he no work there yet!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting a FREE meal BUT he no work there yet!

So the diner was trying to get someone to work for me for the week that I'll be off for vacation. This guy comes in & asks if we're hiring. He says he really needs a job in the worst way & he'll do ANYTHING-sweep the outside, mow grass, whatever. He was coming in everyday annoying the hell out of everybody being persistant in his assertion of his needing a job. AT FIRST he was told we weren't hiring but he didn't pay attention to that.

So my boss told him that we need someone for a week while I'm away on vacation. He was asked if he could come in for about 30 minutes or so so that I could train him & show him my work routine. He said ok & we thought he'd be in this past Monday. He didn't show. He didn't show up on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. He didn't even bother calling to give a heads-up. STRIKE ONE!!

So he finally shows up Friday & when they asked him why he didn't show up earlier in the week he gave a myriad of lame-ass excuses. STRIKE TWO!! So then he asks if he could get a FREE meal before he starts cause he was hungry!! He had heard we can eat for free if you work there. That's true but he doesn't work there!! Not yet anyway!!...lol. STRIKE THREE!! HE'S OUT OF THERE!!

My boss told him that they got somebody else. Said that if he couldn't bother showing up for a 30 minute training then what makes him think we could trust him to show up for an 8 hour shift for a week? The guy got pissed & stormed out. But really though, that took a lot of nerve wanting a FREE meal.
    Last edited by Bright_Star; 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM.

man... that's rough Bright! too funny!! I wonder about some people, you just can't cure fail!! Seems they are everywhere!! Always sad/bad when people beg for help, but won't take the initiative to help themselves when able.

Comment

"Hey! Can you chain me up in the medieval dungeon? I heard there was free food. And go easy on the whips, my hernia is acting up and my doctor said I shouldn't be tortured while under medication."
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I wouldn't trust anyone that can't show up for a short training period, either. It's not like it'll take from morning until night, either -- half hour at least, right? That shouldn't have been TOO hard.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Sounds like an elaborate scheme to get a free meal. Which would have worked better if he'd showed up for the training and then asked for the meal. But, stupid is as stupid does, I guess.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X