This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope this one get passed in law

the US Congress is debating a change to the communication laws to make it illegal to spoof a CallerID system regardless.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/t...ing-a-crime%2F
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

heh.

one of my navy instructors said how they use to take the secure phone and reprogram the caller ID on it to read things like "The President" ... and then call a coworker.

but they only did it for fun, never for gain etc.

though i'm wondering... does this mean you can be breaking the law if the phone company doesn't update your landline info for the caller ID?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      heh.

one of my navy instructors said how they use to take the secure phone and reprogram the caller ID on it to read things like "The President" ... and then call a coworker.

but they only did it for fun, never for gain etc.

though i'm wondering... does this mean you can be breaking the law if the phone company doesn't update your landline info for the caller ID?
      Without reading, i'd say no, its primarily targeted at telemarketers and bill collectors that spoof their area code, i've gotten single digit codes, and one's that don't exist like 120.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

ah...

like mom's caller id often says "out of area" etc but it usually shows a phone number too

though my skype shows up like a bunch of 0s often

Comment

Working...
        X