This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networks say no to plus-sized lingerie

Executives put down Layne Bryant's commercial due to showing a bit cleavage.

LINK

oh yeah cuz that's fair. bastards. hope they get that ad out on the air unedited soon.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

and yet when women's lingerie ads that aren't plus-sized are aired, there's no issue...hmm,...

makes me wonder if the network executives are spanking the monkey over those types of commercials.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Fireheart...that was bad...very bad.

Comment

I've seen the ad. It's nothing worse than what other lingerie companies put out.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

They can't air that during Dancing with the stars? Some of those pro dancers wear less than the girl in the picture on the article.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, this thing is just stupid.

The Layne Bryant ad is sassy and sophisticated, but they won't let it air during prime time.

Meanwhile, the Victoria's Secret campaign for The Nakes is pretty tawdry by comparison, but they have no problem with letting it run in that same timeslot.

LB is encouraging people to join them on Facebook in chastising the networks for their hypocrisy.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                and yet when women's lingerie ads that aren't plus-sized are aired, there's no issue...hmm,...
                Quoth lordlundar View Post
                I've seen the ad. It's nothing worse than what other lingerie companies put out.
                QFT. I don't know what the problem is, unless it's just old-fashioned size discrimination. And if that's the case, LB has a good case against them.

So you can't see her ribs, so what? The model is beautiful, and so is the lingerie. (I wish I looked that good!)
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  So you can't see her ribs, so what? The model is beautiful, and so is the lingerie. (I wish I looked that good!)
                  Honestly I think being able to see ribs is a major turn off. My guy had to gain some weight so I couldn't see his ribs anymore. I don't care so much as feeling them since I know there is some padding but to be able to see individual ribs or the pull in under the rib cage... ICK

She is gorgeous...*sighs*

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    She is gorgeous...*sighs*
                    Just remember, kids, even if the model is plus-sized, you're never going to look like her. (I never really noticed if a model was plus-sized, I'm never going to have a figure like hers, or skin or hair or etc like the picture shows).

Comment

Working...
                    X