This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're doing it right???

So I've mentioned this kid before in an advice thread (specifically pertaining to "Do I Need To Report Him?"). He's 5 and has some ADHD-esque symptoms.

His mother, the school and bossladies have FINALLY come down on him and are working towards a consistent pattern of consequences in regard to his behaviour. Things are starting to settle down now, there's not a lot of sexual behaviour (although there is still quite a bit present at times), he is just EXTREMELY impulsive.

Previously, it was a case of "What happened at school/childcare stayed there", but now it's a case of "Whatever happens at school/childcare does NOT stay there." We are cracking down on his behaviour, but we aren't going to punish him for things that happened at school. We'll note them, but that's it.

I'm also happy in that his mother is actually getting help, albeit not quite the way that we intended. We all want him evaluated by a psychologist, but we're not the ones who are going to push it onto her. She is taking him to things like play therapy, music therapy, that sort of thing, which while they're great, they do not necessarily help if there isn't a diagnosis behind it!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X