• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn´t know I looked THAT competent

In no way sucky, but the most hilarious clueless one recently:

A lady came up to me in the store:

"You´re selling make-up by MAC? Where is it?"

"No we don´t, you might want to ask in the perfumery next door, they sure know where to get it."

*coughs*

MAC is sold by less than 2 dozen stores throughout this country, including their own outlets that cater mainly to pro make-up artists.

I googled, and the next location that has a partial selection of their stuff is 141 kilometers away.

MAC stuff costs roughly 5 times as much as the "better" brands in the drugstore and 10-15 times what our store-brand costs.

Think decadent, think spatulas to sample product, think VERY well trained staff, think a make-up case thats worth more than most people pay for their mortgage each month....so I am fairly sure she just didn´t know what she was asking for.

I didn´t want to embarass her with the truth, so I sent her to our neighbors.
    While they do not have it in their location, it can be ordered through their website.

hmmm, while she´s doing her shopping, maybe she can pick up a bottle of Cristal for me at ALDI
    not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Or how about a '00 Ferrari off the No Down Payment, No Credit Check car lot on the corner?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

If clueless people want to part themselves from obscene amounts of money, I'll take it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's weird that they're so rare in the States, because its an American company, no?

Almost every Bay store up here (a major department store) has a MAC counter. I'll bet there are at least six locations in the Toronto area alone. MAC is very easy to buy in Canada.

It is expensive. There's no need to spend $30 on eyeshadow.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          That's weird that they're so rare in the States, because its an American company, no?
          I live in Germany, not the US.
          MAC is a Canadian company actually.
          not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Quoth DrugstoreJulie View Post
            I live in Germany, not the US.
            MAC is a Canadian company actually.
            And that explains everything quite nicely.

I'll bet MAC stuff is even MORE expensive in Germany, then. Because of shipping costs.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
            X