Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people drive me up the wall sometimes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people drive me up the wall sometimes...

Me: Thank you for calling UTalk2Much long distance phone cards, can I have your pin number please?

SC: 12345678

Me: Thank you and what is your name Ma'am?

SC: Jane Doe. I'm trying to place an order and it won't go through.

Me: Ok, let me take a look. It looks like the chargeback dept has placed a hold on this account due to a disputed charge.

SC: Ok, let me explain to you what happened. Two years ago I placed an order for $20 on my phone card. I was charged twice, so of course I called my bank and had them reverse the charge. (So why didn't you call us and tell us we made a mistake? ) Now I cannot place an order with you people because you want to charge me for it. It's ridiculous! Why in the world would I place a $20 order TWICE IN A ROW?

Me: maybe you want to make a lot of calls? Seriously, people do that all the time! All right, well once the chargeback dept has placed a hold on the account, I do not have access to it. You will need to speak with them. They will be in at 8am on Monday morning, would you like their number?

SC: FINE. I can't believe this. It is not my fault, it's YOUR FAULT! I am not going to pay for anything that is NOT MY FAULT!

Me: The number is 1-800-kiss-my-fanny. the number is 1-800-888-8888.

SC: *angry sigh* FINE. GOOD BYE. *click*

note: occasionally our system charges people twice. However, it also gives them the minutes for both charges. We are aware of this, and we will gladly refund the second charge immediately IF THOSE MINUTES ARE STILL ON THE CARD. However, if you don't call for weeks to have it fixed, and then we look and the minutes from the second charge have been used up in phone calls, we will not refund you because there is nothing to refund. The notes on this account were two years old, and they were very detailed. She wanted her money back after she used the minutes up and chargeback wasn't going to let her get away with it.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

For those who might have any lingering sympathy for the idiot after reading that, thinking 'a double charge is still a double chage', let me put that in a different context for you:

SC: I only wanted ONE pack of cigarettes! I was charged for TWO!
    Me: Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I know you did get both of them, though, so if you'll give me the other one back I'll refund you the money.
    SC: I already smoked them!
    Me: Then, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do. You paid for them and you used them, so there's nothing to refund.
    SC: That's not the point! I only asked for ONE!
    Me: Yeah, but you smoked two. If you didn't want the pack, why did you use them?
    SC: But I didn't ask for it!
    Me: You still smoked 'em, though.
    SC: But I didn't... Ad Nausium
    Last edited by JustADude; 06-24-2007, 12:25 PM.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Argh. Just...bu...wha...AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *pfft* Crap. Where'd I put my extra brain?

Seriously, geez! Unless the extra charge completely and totally ruined her finances for the month (which is doubtful, as she didn't call in right away) then what's it matter? It's like buying extra stuff that you'll know you need so you don't run low or have to make an extra trip later.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

We sell prepaid cellular minutes at my store, and many customers will commonly buy 2, and some even more than 2, PIN numbers at a time because they use them that frequently. What a novel concept! I see what you're saying. Then again, common sense actually makes sense to me. Weird, huh?

As for giving out numbers to other departments, I've been known to give really bad customers the 1-800-EAT-SH!T (1-800-328-7448) number in numeral form before. I don't know what it really calls, but I felt better afterward.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Where'd I put my extra brain?
          I stole it. So there. Neener.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X