Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe we just shouldn't bother with a return policy...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox 360

I still love my Wii.
    You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Comment

Some of the managers are indeed pushovers. "We need to keep the customer happy, and that means to do what ever it takes to do so" is what we were told at one early-morning meeting.
      I guess on the can of stain, it came out differently than what was shown on the front. Apparently it was too dark. So she brought it back, was refused the return (Our return people are actually very sharp) and asked for the MOD. She explained what happened, and probably used the "I spent a billion dollars here last month" line to get her way. It worked.
      Doesn't make any sense to me, but hey.. I just mix paint.
      What do I know? I only have more retail and management experience than most of the people in the place.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
        Woman comes into return an non-working Xbox 360 (what is it with these things?) bought back in December.
        Uh oh! I think this thread caused a curse to be cast on me. About two months ago, my XBOX 360 quit working, and I had to have it serviced. Luckily, Microsoft's policy is to warranty it for one year, and then if it is repaired or replaced within thta one year, that is covered for another year (at least this is what their website claims). Microsoft was very good about this. They took my information, then sent me a prepaid UPS box to ship it back to them in. About two weeks later, I received a different unit.

What got me though was when I went to UPS to ship it off, the guy said, "Man, what is it with those things?" When I asked him what he meant by that, he told me that at least ten times a week, those white boxes come through to his office for shipment to Microsoft. So, he already knew a 360 was inside the box and told me he sees this happen with just this unit all the time. Not sure if Playstation 3's have this problem yet being I have not invested in one of those yet.

Comment

When you don't have a receipt at our store, we can try to look up a purchase if you used a credit card, check, or gift card. If that fails...well, the rules for returning without a receipt are VERY strict. And so complicated that it takes days to get all the nuances down...never mind the fact that it changed two months ago and will change again in two months. Supposedly, this is to keep people from trying to 'return' merchandise they just grab from the shelves.

We've had customers try to return stuff, not like the fine print of such returns, then start loudly demanding to see where the return policy was written down because how were they supposed to know all that stuff? My manager (summoned to one such scene) pointed to the giant sign behind me where it was written in large bold letters, "A valid receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns", and asked frostily, "Would you like to do it that way instead? I can, if you'd prefer."

My coworkers and I liked that line so much we both started copying it (as well as pointing out that that line is on the back of EVERY receipt).
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

See, we can search warranty by serial number or order number. That is it. If you can't read me the serial number off the back of the unit and you don't know the order number, go away and find it, because whining isn't going to help.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              It always frustrates me how they say "why can't you just look it up?". And please don't get me started on people who think it's easy to look some old transaction if they just give me their credit card number.
              Oh, and then we have the wonderful people who think that you can go over the flipping security tapes and look for them. And yeah, credit care people suck. What has always pissed me off was the fact that our CSMs would do this for people if they raised a big fuss. If they could tell them the week or so the bought it, they'd spend hours looking. May me mad.

Comment

I bought a 360 about a month ago.

Unfortunately, it says its manufacturing date is 12/05. Not a good sign It also kinda sucks because I have the louder DVD drive when compared to the newer ones, which are dead silent. I guess I got unlucky when they pulled one out from the back for me.

It's plugged into a quality surge protector, is in a well-ventilated area, and is not on a carpet. I'm gonna be mad if mine dies Early 360's tend to do that...but then again, some of the dipshits that complain about their 360's dying keep them on carpets or in really confined and tiny bookcases where it will overheat. Game consoles are no longer little boxes like the PS2 or Nintendo; in a sense, next-gen consoles are now non-upgradeable high-end computers. They're going to die and overheat if you put it in a crappy spot, just like a high-end gaming computer will.

But jeeze, even I know that you supposed to call Microsoft and not the game place. I still also have my receipt because, well, I'm not an idiot like these people are. Whenever I buy something big, I keep a receipt for it.

Quoth Banrion View Post
                I got the SO an Xbox 360 on release day! (Thank You Amazon!!) He plays it fairly regularly and has not had any troubles to this day. We did do our bug research, and when we started seeing reports of overheating we spent the $10 for an auxillary fan that mounts to the back. Amazing what a little research will do!

It has been left on for over 24 hours straight when he first got Oblivion, and still did not overheat.
                Eek, if you bought the Nyko Intercooler I'd suggest taking that off and returning it right away:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/intercooler...php?mail2=true

This has been popping up on numerous 360's now. Microsoft will not provide a refund or a free fix because they did not approve of the intercooler, but maybe Nyko will if they decide the 360's death was from the intercooler.
                Last edited by Zell; 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM.

Comment

We are MicroBorg. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Working...
                  X