Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't yell at my kids for playing in garbage!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't yell at my kids for playing in garbage!!!

So, about 15 minutes ago, I was working and I heard a scream in the alley next to the hobby shop where the dumpster is. Thinking I better check it out because it was a high pitched little girl scream and someone could be in trouble, I walk out there and see 4 kids throwing garbage bags full of garbage around.

Me- "What are you doing?"
    Kids- "Playing in the trash."
    Me- "Stop that! Throw it away and get out of here. Seriously, get out of here, no civilized person plays in trash."

I walk around the dumpster and see there was a mess of envelopes and drink cups everywhere.

Me- "Get back here and clean this up! You can't throw trash around!"

Kid comes back and cleans it up and another one informs me that they were taking out the trash for some other business. Whatever, I don't care they were making a huge mess.

I went back into the store. I just knew there would be some angry soccer mom coming in to yell at me. Lo and behold, just what I predicted.

Me-"Welcome to the hobby shop, can I help you find anything?"
    Mom- "Where is that lady that was just yelling at my kids?!!!"
    Me- "That would be me."
    Mom- "Those are our kids you can't yell at them, don't yell at my kids ever again!"
    Me- "Your kids were throwing garbage around and spreading trash everywhere."
    Mom- "No they weren't. Those are our kids they were taking the garbage for us! Don't yell at my kids."

I just let her yell at me, I hate conflict. I just couldn't get these words out, although I wanted to, "Maybe if you taught your kids respect for public property I wouldn't have to yell at them."

If I see those kids throwing trash around again, I'll do it all over again. She can talk to the owner if she wants but he would have done the same thing I did. Fucking brats.
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Next time leave the mess where it is and take her back and show her what the little angels were doing...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Do the same exact thing you did this time.

Only get pictures first, so that next time angry soccer mom shows up, you've got photographic evidence of what brats she's raised.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would have done something unique. I would have threatened to take a bag full of garbage and dump it on her freakin' car! She would have scoffed at me and I would have done it too.

Comment

We had to put a chain on our dumpster at one place I worked. It was located right next to the driveway for a car wash. It was not unusual to find someones household trash bag in there. What was unusual for them was recieving it back via UPS a few days later. Note to dumpers, do not use private dumpsters when your trash contains mail with your address on it.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
            We had to put a chain on our dumpster at one place I worked. It was located right next to the driveway for a car wash. It was not unusual to find someones household trash bag in there. What was unusual for them was recieving it back via UPS a few days later. Note to dumpers, do not use private dumpsters when your trash contains mail with your address on it.
            Oh, that is absolutely awesome!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
              Please tell me you seriously did do that.

I think you just made my whole life!!!!
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Quoth upsidedown_orchid View Post
                Please tell me you seriously did do that.

I think you just made my whole life!!!!
                I did.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                  Now THAT was totally genius. I never would have thought of it.
                  For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                  -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                    Only 1 question.
                    Who had to go through the garbage to find the address?

Actually 2
                    Did you ever find anything more interesting than garbage, in the garbage?
                    That made more sense in my head.
                    "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
                    "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
                      Only 1 question.
                      Who had to go through the garbage to find the address?

Actually 2
                      Did you ever find anything more interesting than garbage, in the garbage?
                      That made more sense in my head.
                      Answer 1 - I went through it, carefully of course. Bags that were leaking, I left in the dumpster though.

Answer 2 - Not that I can recall, being this was about 14 years ago.

Reason I did this, is I was getting frustrated with people dumping. Because of the way our building was situated, and the location of the driveway for the car wash, we did not have a large dumpster. So on weeks when we had a lot of product coming in, I would be the one trying to cram all the trash in for pickup, sometimes having to climb on top and stand on the covers to get them to shut.

picture of similar size dumpster

I ended up talking with the trash hauler about chaining it shut, basically running a chain from one side, up over the top of the covers to the other side. It was fine with them as long as they were given a key, since they sometimes did pickups early in the morning before we arrived. Even after chaining it shut, I'd still find bags from time to time on top of it.

Comment

The apothecary next to us had a similar problem, but only once. A guy who was a regular with them dropped several bags of rubbish in their bin, but didn't remember to tear up the invoices for his goods. He woke up one morning to find it all across his driveway.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                          You should've used the USPS Media Mail Service. Make the trash at least fester abit before it arrived.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                            You should've used the USPS Media Mail Service. Make the trash at least fester abit before it arrived.
                            Yeah, but that's not fair to the poor driver that has to deliver it!
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Next time leave the mess where it is and take her back and show her what the little angels were doing...
                              There shouldn't BE a next time....

/grrrrr
                              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
                              X