Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't yell at my kids for playing in garbage!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
    You should've used the USPS Media Mail Service. Make the trash at least fester abit before it arrived.
    Quoth JustADude View Post
    Yeah, but that's not fair to the poor driver that has to deliver it!
    It's also illegal, although they might just make the recipient pay the difference....

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post

Actually 2
      Did you ever find anything more interesting than garbage, in the garbage?
      That made more sense in my head.
      What, like a hobo?

Comment

I've never worked at a place which made a big issue over people putting their garbage in the dumpster.

What I have an issue with is people who can't get off their lazy asses to throw their trash in a nearby can or the dumpster. They just throw it on the parking lot.

I worked midnight shift at this one convenience store. Business was dead, so I was sweeping trash off the lot. I got everything looking nice. Then, this one asshole decides to dump his ashtray. So, I write his tag number down before I walk in the store. I always carry scrap paper and a pen with me at work. I make sure to leave the broom and dustpan by the door, and proceed to the counter. I ring him up and go through business as usual. Then, I tell him to be sure and take the broom and dustpan with him to sweep up what he dumped on the lot before he leaves. He of course said he didn't do it. I told him that I saw him do it because I'd been sweeping the lot when he pulled up. I also told him I'd report him for littering if he didn't clean it up. I pulled out my note, and read his tag number back to him along with a description of his vehicle. Plus, he paid with his check card, so I had his name signed on the receipt, too. So, I picked up the phone receiver, and told him those were his choices. I didn't let on, but I also had my finger poised on the alarm button under the counter in case he decided to make a physical threat. The alarm was not a silent alarm. It's awakened the neighborhood before. He swept up his mess and dumped it in the nearby trash can, and grumbled like a spoiled brat the whole time. I honestly doubted that police would have bothered with it had I called them, but the bluff worked to my advantage.

I also reported some guys who bought beer one night and took the bottles out of the case to put in the cooler. They threw the empty case over the side of the truck, and I told them to pick it up. They said it wasn't theirs even though they'd just bought that very brand and were the only customers on the lot. So, I got their tag number as they were leaving, and called the police to report what had happened. I don't know if the police bothered with it, but I made sure to point out that they had taken the bottles out of the case which could legally be considered an open container even if the bottles were still sealed.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          It's also illegal, although they might just make the recipient pay the difference....

^-.-^
          Not if you stuff it full of documents or Newspapers. It's considered "Printed Media."

Comment

wow lol, if they left a credit card bill with the number available ,you could have billed them for it too lol

Comment

Today, I told the owner about it. He wasn't mad at me at all, he was surprised at how obnoxious those kids were. He was happy with me for being so tough with them.

We at the hobbyshop, have backbone, no limp noodly managers that bend over backwards for assholes.
              Check out my cosplay social group!
              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Hmm,I wonder if you could have called the police and charged the kids with littering or something?

Comment

Working...
                X