Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trust me, I know what I am doing, thank you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust me, I know what I am doing, thank you!

Dontcha just hate it when a SC insists that you are doing your job wrong????

Had a lady yesterday freakin' out on me...

For those of you who have been living in a cave or are new to the boards...I drive a flatbed tow truck...had to pick up a 1979 GMC Sierra pickup truck. Seriously old POS. While I was loading the vehicle, this woman was watching my every move.

Sometimes, with big trucks, depending on how they are parked, you have to play around with loading them. Sometimes, the tires will rub against the rails of the bed...NO BIG DEAL!

SC: *upon seeing the tires rub against the bed on one side* STOP! You're wrecking the tires!!!!
    ME: Ma'am, I'm not hurting the tires.
    SC: But see, they're rubbing up against the side and it's wrecking them!
    ME: Ma'am, it's going to be okay.

Later....after reaching the tow destination and the truck is unloaded...

SC: So, what are they going to do about the tires?
    ME: Ma'am?
    SC: See, they're wrecked! What are they going to do about them?

I look at the tires. They were merely dirty from the rail. A little scuffed up maybe - but BY NO MEANS "WRECKED".

ME: Ma'am the tires are okay. *I proceed to rub the dirt off the one tire with my gloves* See, it's just dirt.
    SC: Well, the other side is wrecked for sure.

I walk to the other side - scuffed a bit - but okay.

ME: Ma'am, there is nothing wrong with the tires.

She then proceeds to compliment me graciously for a job well done.

GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Ugh, I would have slapped that woman on the side of the head if I were you

Comment

Oh please, like she knew anything about car repair. She needed to shut up and sit down.
      For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
      -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        She then proceeds to compliment me graciously for a job well done.
        Simple, FriendOfJimmyK, she realized she was being an idiot and decided to try and bow out gracefully once you proved her wrong. To quote Martha Stewart: "It's a good thing."
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I a minor defense of the SC, I had my truck towed once. It was parked against the curb. When I got to the towing place the frint right tire was completly demolished, it looked like it had a blowout then drove another mile. The tire was less than 2 months old.

The driver mumbled something about how he had to pull it sideways because it was parallel parked. The problem with that is that right in front of me was a fire hydrant and then a driveway, there was a good 50 feet clear in front of my car, and no one parked behind me.

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post
            I a minor defense of the SC, I had my truck towed once. It was parked against the curb. When I got to the towing place the frint right tire was completly demolished, it looked like it had a blowout then drove another mile. The tire was less than 2 months old.
            Okay, but there's a difference between completely demolished and scuffed up by the rail of the bed. The tires were still intact and, as I said, they were merely dirty and scuffed from the bed rail. I would admit if I had demolished them.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
            X