This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that seems to be the most practical solution to your problem

Our pharmacy closes at 6pm on the weekends. This isn't something new--it's been like that forever. Of course, just to be sure, we remind everyone who is not waiting on a prescription that we do close early on Saturdays and Sundays.

So, around 7pm, this guy walks up to me:

Idiot: Your pharmacy is closed.
    Me: [Really?] Oh, yes, they close at 6 on the weekends.
    Idiot: Well, my wife's prescription is back there. Can anyone go back there and get it for me?
    Me: [Sure, let me go unlock it for you, violate major company policy and the law] No, I'm sorry, without a pharmacist here we cannot go back there.
    Idiot: But my wife needs this medicine really badly.

Now, most people who have missed the closing time usually just ask when we'll be open on Sunday and leave. For people who really do need to get their medicine, what I will do is offer to call our store across town that is open 24 hours, make sure the medicine is in stock, and have them fill it for the customer since all our patient records are linked chainwide. Some people take me up on the offer and are grateful.

Others, like this jackass, who after going through this whole dramatic show of telling my how "important" it is that they get their medicine and how much of an "emergency" this is, will end up saying, "Oh, well I'm not going to drive all the way over there" because that would actually mean they would have to demonstrate some sort of initiative to help themselves.

So, he pretty much tells me he doesn't feel like going over there. His solution? "Well, we'll just have to switch pharmacies," he says with that "I'm never coming here again" tone of voice.

Ok, let me get this straight. You can't tell time, show up an hour late even though you were told we closed at 6 (or better yet, he probably had the script filled three days ago and never bothered to pick it up), and when presented with a reasonable solution to your problem, decide to get all high and mighty about taking your business elsewhere for the "inconvenience" you've suffered. What makes this even better is the fact we have the most extended pharmacy hours of any store. So exactly how does he come out ahead?

Holy crap something like this happened at my store, too, but I think it was a woman.

Comment

Quoth jrh215 View Post
      "Well, we'll just have to switch pharmacies ... I'm never coming here again[!]" tone of voice.
      Really? Promise? Thank you, sir! You've just made my day! Let me help you out to your car with your other purchases and wave farewell as you leave my life forever!
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Of course he'll be back next week.

Comment

Quoth jrh215 View Post
          or better yet, he probably had the script filled three days ago and never bothered to pick it up
          Wouldn't doubt it.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My mum has done that, she takes blood pressure medication and she MUST take it.... shes only done this once (she learned her lesson) but she didnt fill her script until the day before her supply ran out and went to have it filled and came back AFTER the pharmacy was closed.

She FREAKED OUT (she has to take these pills at the same time every day) and actually drove the to ER thinking she was going to drop dead at the stroke of 7pm because thats when her dosage was due. They gave her one nights worth from the hospital pharmacy and gave her a sound telling off when she tried to blame the pharmacy. Its the one time Ive ever agreed with a nurse.
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
              She FREAKED OUT (she has to take these pills at the same time every day) and actually drove the to ER thinking she was going to drop dead at the stroke of 7pm because thats when her dosage was due.
              I'm sorry, I don't know why, but that just really cracked me up.

So who's watch was she going to drop dead by?

OT, my mom has some medicines she has to get refilled once in a while, but she's pretty good about getting there before the pharmacy closes. Although once in a while, she does it by making what's supposed to be a 25-minute drive in about 12...with me in the passenger seat going
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

And no offense to pharmacies/pharmacists out there, but this is why I'm glad my insurance covers getting my daily meds sent out by mail. I just mail in the scrips, and I can even order refills online. Makes my life so easy, and I just make sure to order when I hit the last 2 weeks worth of each type of pills.

Granted, this is what seperates us from the SC's--a modicum of intelligence and foresight.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth jrh215 View Post

Others, like this jackass, who after going through this whole dramatic show of telling my how "important" it is that they get their medicine and how much of an "emergency" this is, will end up saying, "Oh, well I'm not going to drive all the way over there" because that would actually mean they would have to demonstrate some sort of initiative to help themselves.
                  I've always wondered what about the word "emergency" made people think that they are exempt from any effort whatsoever. If it is an actual emergency, dial 911. Otherwise take your lazy ass to the other store OR wait until the next day when the pharmacy is open.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                    I've always wondered what about the word "emergency" made people think that they are exempt from any effort whatsoever.
                    See, I think the real key is that most people nowadays are so used to instant everything that the term "emergency" is a bit skewed in people's definitions of it.

At my work, an emergency would be a major radio system used by police, 911 dispatchers or something of the like going down. A button broken on one console out of 12 is not. But my customers can't seem to grasp that, much like certain pharm customers truly believe not having a medicine they: a) can go a day without, and b) were too lazy to pick up on time, is an emergency.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Do you work in a small pharmacy in central Connecticut, because that happens just about every Sunday at my store. Idiots.
                      I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                      X