This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    She would pick up a bunch, pluck off a banana and toss it back into the display. She did this about 4 or 5 times, then stepped away. I took the opportunity to grab a bunch. As I did, she turned back and started shrieking at me.

OL: That's my bunch! You give that back!
    Me: *ignores OL*
    OL: I said give those back!
    Me: *looks at the older lady* No. * walks off*

At this point, she was screaming at me about the bananas, I stole them from her and I'd better give them back, blah blah blah. I had started walking away, then stopped and turned around to her.

Me: You can have them when you pry them out of my cold dead hands. *walks off*
    So...you got her to drop the bananas; then you...ate the bananas?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As an aside, I have a friend who takes his students to South America once a year. He says that most of the folk down there think we're nuts to eat bananas yellow--they eat them almost full black. I tried it a couple of times, and while they are mooshy, they do have a stronger, sweeter, banana taste. I find a happy medium is to let them get thoroughly spotted so they're still firm, but have a stronger taste.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I like my bananas to be just this side of rotten myself.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I like to get them just a little green so they can ripen over the week. I take one a day with me to work for my breakfast (when I remember). When Friday rolls around, they're usually starting to spot, but are still good.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Whether they are green, spotted or black, I like bananas best in banana bread, banana pudding, banana cream pie, banana daiquiris, etc.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I like them best when the tips are just barely green and the body's solid yellow, but I'll eat them well-spotted too. Nobody else in my family will eat them that ripe.
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Whether they are green, spotted or black, I like bananas best in banana bread, banana pudding, banana cream pie, banana daiquiris, etc.
                Let's not forget banana milkshakes.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I like them best when they're still a little green or just solid yellow. Once they start to spot, forget it. Fortunately, my hubs likes them really spotty, so once they're past where I'll eat them, they're the way he likes them. If they're all or mostly black, then it's time to make some form of banana bread or muffins.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                  X