This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did oyu make the best of list?

So for my birthday we where going to have Ethiopian food but my mom couldn't take me then so tonight we went. I expected the food would be hit and miss sence everything its cooked to a.... well best way to put it is a scoopable good.

I liked about 50% of the food (the yellow cabbage thing can DIF though) and enjoyed watching my sister twitch when she ate with her hands. And I made her twitch more when my mom got forks brought out cause they are on weight watchers and didn't want to eat a ton of the bread that it comes with.

But what really really sucked was the service.
    This is a small place, about 15 tables in all when we got there only 3 had where full.
    We got our drinks fast but had to ask three times for the 1st refills and when they brought them out my diet coke with no ice suddenly turned to swimming in ice. Worst for my sister her drink slowly and slowly was taken over by ice.

When my mom realized it was eat with your hands she asked for utensils to be brought out with the food.

We didn't get them. When we tried to flagg down one of the waitresses she ignored us (we had two) then we asked another. She disappeared and 15 minutes later showed up with forks.

the check was fun too. My mom tried to flag down some one for 15 minutes and right when we where about to give up it was brought to us, and when my mom told her to wait she had the card ready she turned around and walked away. with my mom hold the check and the card right there. We had to wait another 10 minutes for someone else to come by.

if we hadn't already had tip added for a gift certificate we where using for part of the meal we wouldn't had tipped at all.

Write the owners, though I doubt it will do much good. That level of fail probably means there's failure all the way up to management. Most places are at least quick about taking your money. Last thing they want to do is have you walk out.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I HATE the [drink] & Ice ting. Not only get you less, it gets watery in time.

On the rest, I bet you would have got the check if you had risen up and started to walk...

Comment

Okay, I get that by "swimming in ice" you mean that there was a lot of ice in the drinks, but I'm having trouble with the phrase itself.
        Ice is solid, how does one swim in it?
        /smartass
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
        X