Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pregnant lady parking around here tends to mostly be at the Babies R Us stores (for obvious reasons), and the occasional grocery. The only other "reserved" parking I've seen that wasn't school-specific, aside from handicapped parallel parking (which I'd never seen before), are the Zipcar spaces for the vehicles on the Zipcar system. (You sign up and pay some fee, I think, and rather than owning your own car, you get to use specially marked Zipcars in the area that are normal cars with the Zipcar logo on the side. You drive them where you need to go, then make sure to park them at a proper Zipcar location when you're done. GPS lets you find the nearest one, as far as I know.)
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      The security guy my particular little shop of horrors has on staff actually does check people who park in the handicap spots. He actually does his job. At least, in so far as our managers will let him.
      As in, he checks for the placards?
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yes. And, of course, the license plate alternative.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X