Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailor Moon Crystal countdown (and thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the first episode again this morning, Lauren came downstairs and caught the last couple of minutes. She watched it twice in a row after that even though it wasn't in English, she said her favorite part was the talking kitty.

By the way Crunchyroll is awesome.
    Last edited by Zellie Crescent; 07-08-2014, 11:14 AM.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Yay new episode! I like Ami's transformation in this version; much better than the bubbles!
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Just finished the second episode. The CG isn't as impressive with Ami-chan's transformation, but I think we can all agree the little jump she does at the end of it is completely freaking adorable and squee-worthy. Also nice to know that we won't be seeing the same stock footage every time they use their attacks. Hulu still doesn't have the next episode preview (with all the commercials they make me watch for a half hour episode even though we pay for Hulu Plus, you'd think they could give me that much), but I was able to see one on Youtube before it inevitably gets removed.
        Last edited by Kara; 07-20-2014, 07:22 AM.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/25OhlVI.png
          *facepalm*

Comment

Usagi "uses" a computer in much the same way Mihoshi uses...well...anything.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
              I guess neither version of the anime condones violence against computers...

Last edited by EricKei; 07-22-2014, 04:17 PM. Reason: fixed image per user request

Comment

I got a bit more teary over this episode than I did with the pilot, I must say. I think it's because, of the entire Sailor Team, I always identified with Ami (and Mako, whose episode will also probably destroy me when it happens) the most.

Also, am I alone in noticing a very subtle change in the animation in this one? There was something about it that just seemed...different.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

The one thing I noticed was the from the blurry greenish glow effect that was going on with the Monster-of-the-Week. Going from that, to the clear henshin sequences, and then back to the green blurry filter made for a glaring contrast, visually.

Comment

Yeah, that was a little weird. But, like, the actual character design itself seems to have changed a bit as well.

On a related note, has anyone else seen the Moon Pride full version video? I have very mixed feelings about it. From a plot standpoint, I love it for all that it implies we'll see in future episodes and what backstory it will potentially touch on. From an artistic standpoint, I love most of it and think it is gorgeous. However, to me, some of the CGI looks...I don't want to say 'sloppy', but I can't think of a different word. Some of it really wasn't as clean as it could've been.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Va228UhRs The video, for those who haven't seen it)
                    Last edited by firecat88; 07-21-2014, 05:01 PM.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

so is Jaedite basically Tom from office space?

He has to relay Queen Beryl's instructions to the monster because she doesn't have monster skills?

I mean she tells him "find the silver crystal" and walks across the room and tells the monster "find the silver crystal"

I don't think the sailor scouts will defeat him this time, I think it'll be the two bobs.
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Loved episode 2 and can't wait for 3, and I LOVE the new character design. It looks a lot more like the manga and I couldn't be happier that it's staying true to it.
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                          I don't think the sailor scouts will defeat him this time, I think it'll be the two bobs.
                          If you've only seen the anime, just wait. The Senshi in the manga aren't keen on letting the badguys run back to their masters with their tails between their legs to be killed for their repeated failures. They tended to handle executions personally.

Comment

I've seen it over a decade ago.
                            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Jadeite is pretty much the useless butt-monkey of the Dark Kingdom in all versions of the series.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                                Jadeite is pretty much the useless butt-monkey of the Dark Kingdom in all versions of the series.
                                If you've EVER seen Sailor Moon Abridged (the Megami33 version), he keeps peddling random items. It's hilarious. (things like "computers" and my personal favourite, the SMOOTHIE-TASTIC!)
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X