This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly junk mail

Yesterday, my mom received a catalogue in the mail which advertised anniversary/love jewelry, and it was addressed to her and our male dog. No idea how that happened or where they got the info, but my daughter and I had a good laugh over it.

Does the dog have a human-sounding name? I recall some junk mail for George T. (the 'T' is for Tiger), our grey tabby.
    My sister once sent away for cat food coupons in his name. We figured it would be easier to separate from other mail. No doubt the promoter shared the mailing list.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I once (back in the 80s) had an extra phone line so I could use my modem without tying up the phone for everyone else in the house.

When they asked for a name fofr the listing (unlisted would have cost more) I swiped a name from an old James Blish novel.

Ian M. MacHinery (in other words, I am machinery :-)

I got an offer for the family coat of arms addressed to him.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Does the dog have a human-sounding name? I recall some junk mail for George T. (the 'T' is for Tiger), our grey tabby.
        My sister once sent away for cat food coupons in his name. We figured it would be easier to separate from other mail. No doubt the promoter shared the mailing list.
        Yes, he does......his name is Toby. Reminded me of the time when I sent off for some online college info under one of our cat's names, and someone called asking to speak to "Teddy". (the said cat)

Comment

my dad gave a friend of ours a magazine subscription for christmas....under one of our dog's name. The friend had given us said dog as a baby puppy.

Dog's name? Arnold....

for several months after, Mr Arnold (last name), keeps recieving preapproved credit card offers.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Our old cat (McGriff) once got a preapproved credit card offer in the mail. Mom was debating sending it in, but the ID requirements would have been dicey and if it had been issued we could probably only use the card online (no ID checks). Although, that would have been a good way to keep tabs on our internet-based spending.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

When my son was in school, he made up an alter ago for himself named "Bob Walker." He actually had some of the people there convinced that he had a twin. He even photoshopped a picture of himself sitting next to himself as "proof." The school even played along with it. One time I picked him up early for a doctor appointment, and they paged my son "and Bob Walker" to the office.

Some time after that, an offer for a magazine subscription for "Bob Walker" arrived in the mail.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
              X