This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news/bad news

The good news is I got some amazing deals these past few weeks at the grocery store and stocked up on some items.

The bad news is thanks to an electric bill that really can't be possible grocery shopping is going to be strictly for things immediately needed.

The electric company insists the bill is correct, and gave us the option of paying half this month and half next or shutting off our power.

Maybe someone is stealing your electricity somehow?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Or they've jacked the rates. And added a "rainy day" deposit for your convenience of course. The local news is reporting that dewk nergy likes to pull that crap.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Compare it to your bill from the same period last year. Have you added anything new that could account for it, like a space heater or a/c? Also check the rates they're charging. It's possible they screwed up the rate somehow- make sure it's the residential rate.

Then check around the outside of the building to see if there are any wires that look like they don't belong there. They could probably tell you what to look for (or someone on this board may be able to tell you).
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There have been work crews working on the building for the past couple months.

I'm willing to bet they tapped into our line.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            There have been work crews working on the building for the past couple months.

I'm willing to bet they tapped into our line.
            File a complaint with the Utilities Commission. If that's the case, the power company is going to have to prove you used the power. You might have to pay in the short term, but a long term resolution will probably be in your favor.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X