This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help a Timmie's fan out?

After reading the Tim Horton's/Burger King news, mom wants me to stock up on Timmie's coffee before (if) BK does something to screw it up. Many moons ago, there was a storefront in RI but no more. The US site only has K-cups for some reason--which are perfectly good, but we have a reusable filter basket for the Keurig and per-cup a bag of coffee would be a bit cheaper (also, mom can mix regular and decaf if she wants).

I'm looking for someone close to a store who would be willing to find and ship me 2-3 bags of the regular coffee, probably whole bean would last longer. I can either pay via Paypal, or trade something from my neck of the woods (Boston). Shippable food, craft supplies, anime stuffs, etc. If I can get it, you got it.

Anyone up for the challenge?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Are you able to order some online from the Tim Horton's website in the US? I know Canada has a site you can order from. It doesn't look like they ship in the US though.

Also, what are the sizes of bags are you looking for? I'll have to see what's available at the store near me, but I don't think they have whole beans. Just fine grind, and coarse grind. I'm not sure which would be best for the Keurig reusable filter.

Comment

I've got a large, unopened can of the fine ground a friend gave to me on a trip from a trip to Rochester NY from a few years ago. I never opened it as I usually just hit the local shop that Tim Hortons replaced in my area (which came back after T-Ho's ran away in the middle of the night). That and the only time I make coffee myself is on trips to the family cabin in the Adirondacks.

It's yours for shipping costs out of Southern New England.

Comment

From what I understand, they're not going to muck with anyone's formulas or anything like that. I believe your mother's fears are unfounded.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
          From what I understand, they're not going to muck with anyone's formulas or anything like that. I believe your mother's fears are unfounded.
          The streets would run red with maple syrup if they did.

But no, they're not going to muck with Tim Horton's, its the other way around. They're moving HQ to Canada for tax inversion purposes and they want Tim's expertise and coffee to bolster BK's breakfast menus in the States. You may end up seeing Tim Horton's as a label within BK's in the US as they start serving Tim's products as their breakfast menu. BK has been losing a lot of ground in the US in terms of the breakfast segment vs Starbucks and McDonald's. So they wanted the unholy power of Tim Horton's coffee to strike back. -.-

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            BK has been losing a lot of ground in the US in terms of the breakfast segment vs Starbucks and McDonald's. So they wanted the unholy power of Tim Horton's coffee to strike back. -.-
            Unholy? Timmies? And you call yourself a Canadian.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'll do it. Send me a address and some kinds she wants and I'll get them out to her.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Unholy? Timmies? And you call yourself a Canadian.
                Such sweet temptations can only be the Devil's work. That aroma that wafts out of a Timmy's first thing in the morning is witchcraft.

They put one inside Granville Skytrain station here a couple years ago. In the morning the smell drifts upwards and permeates the upper level. It hits you the moment you enter the station or come up the escalator from the platform.

Then your fate is sealed.

Yes, I call myself Canadian. But I know who my true master is. >.>

Comment

Well - they do have US locations up in yer general neck of the woods, just not any particularly close to your town.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons#Locations

TIL that they merged with Wendy's more than 2 decades ago o_O (they sold off the stock a few years ago tho)
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The one we always went to was down in RI on East Main Road, but that was shuttered a while ago. It's annoying that the US website only has K-cups, but maybe the BK merger means that they'll put more products online?

Comment

Pity yer not down NOLA way Easy enough to get Timbits...er, doughnut holes and *drool* buttermilk drops there...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I did offer...

Comment

And I just accepted (you should have a PM) Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Comment

Never realized there were 2 within 15 miles of me. Need me some timbits.

Comment

Working...
                            X