This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got thanked for being ebil!

So start of term was looming on the horizon, and my friends and I wanted to celebrate our last night of freedom. Everyone chipped in and we ordered pizza...6 large 1 topping pizzas, 2 cheese sticks, extra garlic sauces....order came to just over $80....$82 and something in change...

I ordered online since the deal I was getting was online only...and added ONLY a $5 tip.

Now before anyone rips into me, I KNOW how drivers see large orders....means big tip in theory.

Now I place this order at like 2 in the afternoon and place a hold time on it for 7:30pm....its a friday night, its dorm move in day for the College Campus near that store.....its gonna be busy and this is a fairly large order.

Food arrives 5 minutes EARLY (which is fine I was home already setting up for game night anyway), and after unloading all the food he hands me the credit card receipt to sign.....I sign and hand him $25 more in a tip. He looks at me kinda flustered and I say "I worked 4 years as a driver, I know how drivers like to fight over the bigger orders in hopes of getting a big tip...but if they see a prepaid small tip, it typically goes to the new people..."

his response? "Thats....actually really smart! Have a great night and THANK YOU!"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

That is smart. I gotta try that.

Comment

I like. Very clever.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I wish the sites in my down for delivering pizza did that T_T

Comment

Oh that is so cool and really smart I agree!

Comment

Working...
          X