This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More gross than sucky

Mods, feel free to move this to wherever this fits best... thanks.

So my husband, his mother, and I went out for lunch today. Right after we got there, they seated this man and woman next to us, and the man blew his nose loudly all through our meal. It was NASTY! If we had been anywhere a little more classy than Don Pablos, I would have asked to move, but moving three people and three meals would have been a real pain in the butt. Fortunately they left fairly quickly but my appetite was shot so I ended up taking my food home. My husband noticed it too so it wasn't just me that was kinda mad. What made it really bad was it looked like he was blowing his nose into the same napkin he was wiping his mouth with, but after I watched him for a while I realized he had a handkerchief in his jacket pocket. But still, yuck...

Just had to get that out.

Just had to get that out.
    So did he, apparently.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      So did he, apparently.
      I see what you did there.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

It's currently allergy season. I'm drugged to the gills with allergy meds, and I'm still sniffly and blowing my nose every few minutes. There's honestly nothing I can do about it. I'm as discreet as possible, but sometimes you just gotta blow.

This doesn't mean I'm honking and snorting, but I'm not gonna take myself off to the loo every time I have to clear my sinuses. However, I do try to be fairly quiet about it. I've never understood why people feel the need to honk every time they're blowing. One of my former coworkers does that, and it drives all of us nuts.

Comment

This guy was snorting and honking. It was gross. I can understand allergies, I can understand spicy food makes your nose run, I can understand that the weather here has been an absolute yo-yo lately and that doesn't help. I just think it's really rude to be that gross right next to other diners.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
            It's currently allergy season. I'm drugged to the gills with allergy meds, and I'm still sniffly and blowing my nose every few minutes. There's honestly nothing I can do about it. I'm as discreet as possible, but sometimes you just gotta blow.
            Learned years ago from an awesome allergist. Don't blow your nose! All that does is irritate things more.

I'm just trying to find something to get my left eye to quit twitching. It feels like it's trying to crawl off my face!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Don't blow your nose!
              It is impossible for me to blow my nose. I don't know why, but I just can't do it.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                It is impossible for me to blow my nose. I don't know why, but I just can't do it.
                what....ever?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I can't stand excessive public nose-blowing, either. I especially can't stand the snorting, pig-like sounds that some people make, just makes me wanna yak right then and there. Then there are the older folks who will wrap tissue around their index fingers and shove them up their nostrils to clean them out, all while grocery shopping or staring right at you, having a conversation
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    what....ever?
                    Never ever ever.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X