This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• space hogger

So I'm waiting in a loooooooooong line patiently with an impatient man behind me and finally we get to the conveyor belt to put our stuff on. And this douchebag puts HIS stuff on before I do, even though I was O B V I O U S L Y in front of HIM!

Rarrgh!

So as everyone pretty much knows, the conveyor belt has an automatic sensor to push everything to the cashier so she can scan it. So this stupid guy's things is getting pulled to the front and my things aren't even on it.

When I stare at him in utter disbelief, he brings his face about two inches from mine and stares hard into my eyes. Like he's mad, or insane. I would've popped him on his jaw in an uppercut , but dumb assbag would've brought assault charge on me. He looked like the type.

Dumb laws.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

If it had been me, I would have called him on it, said something like "Wait your turn," and picked his items up and shoved them to the back of the belt.

But then, this guy does seem like he was fishing for a fight, so ... yeah...
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Please tell me you swept his stuff back and put your stuff up. The guy's behavior makes it clear that he wasn't just being clueless. He was trying to bully you into giving up your spot.

If it was me, I'd just have swept his stuff back with a divider and put my own stuff up. If he tried to pick a fight or started yelling or whatever, I'd simply tell him that it's "first come first serve" and I am in fact ahead of him and have been for a fair amount of time. That's how it works.

Comment

I'd have swept his stuff onto the floor.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Me too, that guy was a rude ass hat.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

pity one can't belch on command...if he was that close to your face, he would definitely have gotten the full benefit
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              pity one can't belch on command
              I can.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I would have waited until the cashier asked if those were my items and then said "OH no sorry this person behind me obviously couldn't wait for my items" in the loudest speaking voice I had. I much prefer passive agressive statements that embarress the idiots than confronting them.
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  I can.
                  Me too. It's one of my more charming abilities.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    If it had been me, I would have called him on it, said something like "Wait your turn," and picked his items up and shoved them to the back of the belt.
                    I've actually done that before now. I was half-way through unloading my trolley & this weird woman unloaded her basket on the end of the belt. It was completely impossible for me to get the rest of my trolley-load on the belt. I looked at her. Looked at her stuff as the belt moved forward. Then put out my arm & swept it back to the end of the belt & kept loading my trolley. Did it again when they got in my way again.

At this point she said in a huffy tone "I don't appreciate having my shopping crushed." My reply?

"Then leave it in your basket until the person in front of you has finished loading."

At this point she tried the "It's only one basket-full", probably hoping that I'd let her through (not a chance, the cashier had already started scanning my stuff, & my sister had started packing). This is when I pointed out that I had no intention of paying for her shopping, swept her stuff back yet again, & carried on unloading. Cue epic catbutt-face & glare at the back of my head, to which I returned a sunny smile & another sweep of her goods towards the end of her belt. I really don't think she liked me
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I'd be tempted to take a slightly different action if the SC behind me started putting their stuff on the belt before I had finished with mine:

As the cashier reached for each item to scan it, if it was one of SC's, I'd say "Sorry, I changed my mind - I don't want that". Hopefully the reshop person would collect the batch before SC's turn at the till.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        As the cashier reached for each item to scan it, if it was one of SC's, I'd say "Sorry, I changed my mind - I don't want that".
                        Eeeeevil! Me likey!

Comment

Yeah, I just remembered I had something similar happen to me while I was at the wholesale club. I was the cashier, though, and the space hoggers didn't even really have that much stuff. The customer I was helping, though, didn't even say anything. Just moved the divider back and carried on unloading without even looking at them.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if you started cherry picking his stuff and adding it to your purchase?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I had a woman try to hint her way ahead of me in line at the wholesale club today. It was very busy, the lines were long and most people had lots of stuff. She had a handful of things she was hand carrying. I got in line ahead of her, but she inched up to my side, and kept glancing over towards me (I didn't look directly at her, but kept an eye on her with my peripheral vision). It was pretty clear she was hoping I'd invite her to go first since she didn't have much. I didn't like the way she kept almost inching ahead of me, then drop back, but never get quite behind me.

Needless to say, the invitation she was clearly jonesing for never came. I don't like line jumpers.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X