This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Not Elderly, Bud.

This morning, I had to stop at Shit-Ko. Normally, I don't shop there, I don't care for their prices and none of their stuff is that great, but after some calling around yesterday, they were the only place that still had a copy of a certain CD I wanted (and in order to avoid Best Buy and other electronic stores and their outrageous prices). It would be a few bucks more than Wal-Mart, but I figured it was worth it, rather than waiting for whenever the next truck would stock more at Wal-Mart (the employees said they had no idea when that would be).

I guess, well, if anything, that lifted my spirits a bit, knowing that there are still people in this god forsaken place of twang twang and bump bump music that actually enjoy the best stuff on earth......rock I thought all the rockers were only tourists who came for the rock fest in the summer. Whew. I'm not alone

Anywho, in the customer parking, I pull in, and there is a cruddy old pickemup truck with Billy Joe sitting there, smoking a cigg in his flashy blaze orange hat, assumingly also waiting for the store to open. Just minutes now.

Anyway, we see someone unlock the doors, so we both get out of our vehicles.

I didn't notice it before, but Billy Joe had parked in one of the Senior Citizen parking spots that Shit-Ko offers (I hadn't been there in years and noticed they'd done away with pregnant women parking and replaced it with senior parking).

Billy Joe couldn't have been over 35.

In my opinion, who cares that it was opening and no one else was there, why did he think he could park in the senior parking spots? How rude.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Thats why I like this website http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

He probably did that because he knows the cops can't come ticket him or anything. The worst he'd get is a disapproving look or two. those spots are solely a courtesy thing stores do to show they "care."

The only place I know of around here that has spaces for mothers-to-be or new moms is the Grocery Store of Awesome. They're right next to their senior citizens spots.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The winco I go to has senior spots...only a couple though.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

ShopKo only has a few as well, they used to be expectant mother parking, I assume that got taken away because of abuse (I'd assume by guys going there alone or multiple guys because you can't always judge a woman's pregancy based on her appearance alone).

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            He probably did that because he knows the cops can't come ticket him or anything. The worst he'd get is a disapproving look or two.
            Heeheehee That's why I love that Security where I work can write official local township police tickets for non-moving violations in our parking lot, the stubs of which get sent to the police. I see people toss away tickets I put on their cars, or drive off and let them blow away. If they don't pay in 10 days they get a citation for 10-times the original amount, and then we get to go to court! I always make a note of what they did with the ticket if I see it, so they can't say "It must have blown away!" No, you pulled it off and stuck it in your purse!

Our handicap spots in front of Mal Wart get abused endlessly. The only sucky thing is, that people demand we write tickets because 'someone doesn't look handicapped!' Sorry, if they have a plate or card, can't do that; how do we know for sure? Hmmm, maybe your Billy Joe had some REALLY GOOD plastic surgery done?!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              Heeheehee That's why I love that Security where I work can write official local township police tickets for non-moving violations in our parking lot, the stubs of which get sent to the police. I see people toss away tickets I put on their cars, or drive off and let them blow away. If they don't pay in 10 days they get a citation for 10-times the original amount, and then we get to go to court! I always make a note of what they did with the ticket if I see it, so they can't say "It must have blown away!" No, you pulled it off and stuck it in your purse!

Our handicap spots in front of Mal Wart get abused endlessly. The only sucky thing is, that people demand we write tickets because 'someone doesn't look handicapped!' Sorry, if they have a plate or card, can't do that; how do we know for sure? Hmmm, maybe your Billy Joe had some REALLY GOOD plastic surgery done?!
              The spots we're talking about aren't handicapped spots. They're courtesy spots for senior citizens. It isn't a violation of any law for a non-senior to park in those spots, but you shouldn't if you can possibly avoid it.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The security guy my particular little shop of horrors has on staff actually does check people who park in the handicap spots. He actually does his job. At least, in so far as our managers will let him.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  knowing that there are still people in this god forsaken place of twang twang and bump bump music that actually enjoy the best stuff on earth......rock
                  And this is why I love you.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

And I you hehe

Good stuff, but man, now everyone is bugging me to borrow that CD.

Last time I borrowed someone a couple of CDs....oh wait, I still don't have them back . Only person who gets dibs is my brother, because he's about the only person in the world in my age group I can trust to give me my shit back.

Comment

I've seen the special parking spots for pregnant ladies, but not for senior citizens. Those I could use. Another variety I've seen in Pittsburgh are special parking spots for hybrid cars. The parking garage guard said non-hybrids parking there was not ticketable.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It's sad that people don't have the common decency to leave those spots open for the senior, and you know why? Because they know they can't get in trouble for it! It seems we do things when we think there won't be consequences...like that makes it acceptable. I weep for our future.
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                          It's sad that people don't have the common decency to leave those spots open for the senior, and you know why? Because they know they can't get in trouble for it! It seems we do things when we think there won't be consequences...like that makes it acceptable. I weep for our future.
                          Reminds me of an old, old saying:

People do evil in the dark because noone can see them. People THINK evil in the dark because they can't see themselves.

I find this an incredibly correct truism. Then again, I'm extremely cynical when it comes to people in general.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Another variety I've seen in Pittsburgh are special parking spots for hybrid cars. The parking garage guard said non-hybrids parking there was not ticketable.

Sounds like a great place to park a classic Ranchero or El Camino. They're hybrids - part car, part pickup truck.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

They have old people parking? That's kind of neat but as seen above gets abused. The coolest parking I've ever seen was parking for pregnant peeps. Other than that just handicap. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X