This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    Also - charging for tap water? That would make me cross the line from nice to "hell no, get your manager out here now."
    I agree, that's even more ridiculous. Maybe that really wasn't the waitresses' fault and she was following a company policy, but it's ridiculous none-the-less. I wonder if she was just charging you for water because you were grumbling about the sodas.

Comment

Yeah, the water charge gets me. If it was bottled, she should have given you that for free because the sodas were off. And if it was tap, there shouldn't be any charge. If you had just wanted free drinks you would have ordered plain water to start with.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You have a right to get what you pay for. Expecting to get the services or goods for your money is not sucky. How you handle it is where you have to consider the suck.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You had one waitress serve you, not 5? If the company has the policy of splitting tips 5 ways, the waitress's problem is with the company, not you.

Your $7 tip on $20 is more than generous. Don't feel guilty.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Paying for water, even tap water if it's a minimal charge, is not unreasonable, but did they take the sodas off the bill? You don't pay for bad food AND for replacement food.
            Women can do anything men can.
            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
            Maxine

Comment

After that waittress's performance, I would've tipped her 5 cents and watched her split that five ways.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X