Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my husband was briefly in Border Patrol he and his unit went out to eat before heading to academy and hubby ordered his stake rare. The rest of the group, minus two, were all from up north and had never seen rare steak before muchl less eaten any. All of theirs had been well done. Hubby expounded upon the awesomeness that rare steak is and some of the well doners asked to try it. Apparently it blew their minds and taste buds away. He says he 'converted' them to the 'true path of steak'.

My hubby is an amazing cook. His steaks are delicious and his turkey... TO DIE FOR! Of course he learned all of his cooking from Alton Brown, whom he calls "The Culinary God".

That lady probably wouldn't know properly cooked food if it jumped up and screamed that it was at her.
    "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

'that's not fucking good enough I never want to eat here again!!!'
      if she's such a rageapotamus i'd hate to see what she WOULD consider good enough.

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
        Why did she say it wasn't done? "It's still white!"
        Wait...what?! *brain reboots* The only way that makes sense to me is if she habitually ate undercooked chicken...TLC has a TV show called "Freaky Eaters" and one of the episodes was a guy who would eat nothing but raw meat, and refused to cook it even the slightest bit (it didn't seem 'done' to him).

I never had a steak other than well-done until I was 15

hoolagirl, you should come to my house. My mom makes an unbelievable roast chicken.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          When I'm upset I will still make mac and cheese, mix in chopped beef hot dogs, and peas.
          Another one who eats mac and cheese w/weenies . . .

I don't use peas in mine but I'll add plenty of sliced weenies. It's been a perennial favorite of mine since I was 8 when I decided one day after school to mix 'em together.

Thanks for letting me know I didn't invent the dish . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X