Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That happened to me last year when I was doing a store opening. It was obvious the store was not open for business and wouldn't be for a few days. There were about 10000 packages of clothes in piles all over the store, boxes of shoes to the ceiling, nothing on the walls and a huge sign on the windows that said "Grand Opening Monday!" Yet people still were banging on the door with their kids in tow asking if we were open. Really how stupid can people be!!!
    "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Let's hope that Mr Wonderful isn't your first customer on opening day. Actually let's hope that he will never be a customer

Comment

At my last day at the closing White Hen back in 1992, we put no signs up, and I wasn't even informed until lunchbreak that we were closing!

Consequently, nobody approached me and said, "Is the store closing?" WHATSOEVER.

Plus, at 4pm (the final closure) we just locked the doors, not needing to communicate at all to the dregs of customers that still deigned to visit us.

Sort of like telling them it's their fault the store closed, so here's the punishment-- No more store.

We got to leave through the back exit while corporate showed up and started pricing everything to go the next day.

It was a fun three years and excellent training for working in retail elsewhere.
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I had a teacher once who gave us these definitions:

Ignorant is when you haven't had an opportunity to learn anything.

Stupid is when you had the opportunity, and turned it down.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth NoMoreRetail View Post
            Really how stupid can people be!!!
            ShhShhShhShhShhShhhhhhhhhh! Don't say that so loud! An SC who can show you the answer to that question might show up!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Now, now, there's no need to use the "L" word Consider what site we're on, after all ^_^
              LOGIC!? What the hell do we need logic for, we're not a bunch of damn Vulcans!

please I just want people to start using common sense again make the hurting stop
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                please I just want people to start using common sense again make the hurting stop
                It is at times like this that I like to remember our dear, departed friend, C. Sense ... His friends called him Common.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
                  Let's hope that Mr Wonderful isn't your first customer on opening day. Actually let's hope that he will never be a customer
                  If he is one of our first 25.....he gets free food once a week for a year. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                  X