This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 wheel wrecking crew

I didn't have to work today, but I had to run in (on my way home) anyways because I had to buy a drink.

Just as I head out, I heard some people reacting to something. I turn around and see that this monster of a 18 wheel flatbed truck had torn the ENTIRE rear bumper off of a minivan and kept on driving until he left the parking lot. It was like a wrecking ball had hit a brick wall.

So my natural reaction is to run in and grab my supervisor, since the vehicle belonged to one of our customers. We met the van's owner a short time later, and she had no idea that her van had been smashed.

So another witness called the police after I got back, and put the driver on the phone with 911. So what felt like 2 years later, a one cop shows up and talks to me, the other witness, and I think somebody else.

I later learned that he nearly hit the other witness and her kids, and took out a reinforced stop sign on the way out (I didn't see that because of the distance and trees/bushes). Unfortunately, none of us were able to get his license plate since we didn't see the front of cab, it was all from the side.

It shouldn't be too hard for the cops to track down a 18 wheeled monster with paint/metal scrapings and dents on the front of the cab.
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Did anyone happen to catch company info on the side of the cab? If it's a U.S. company, they are required to have the company name and D.O.T. registration number on both sides of the cab. Not sure what Canadian rules are for marking.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Did anyone happen to catch company info on the side of the cab? If it's a U.S. company, they are required to have the company name and D.O.T. registration number on both sides of the cab. Not sure what Canadian rules are for marking.
      Unfortunately, not that I can remember.
      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
        Just as I head out, I heard some people reacting to something. I turn around and see that this monster of a 18 wheel flatbed truck had torn the ENTIRE rear bumper off of a minivan and kept on driving until he left the parking lot. It was like a wrecking ball had hit a brick wall.
        I assume the parking lot is for the complex where your employer is located. Did anyone in the complex get a delivery by flatbed truck? They should be able to tell which company was contracted (or at least who they bought the stuff from - one more step in the chain toward identifying the company that did the delivery).

If it was just someone parking overnight in the lot, it's idiots like this who cause the "no trucks allowed" signs, losing us valuable parking areas.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I assume the parking lot is for the complex where your employer is located. Did anyone in the complex get a delivery by flatbed truck? They should be able to tell which company was contracted (or at least who they bought the stuff from - one more step in the chain toward identifying the company that did the delivery).

If it was just someone parking overnight in the lot, it's idiots like this who cause the "no trucks allowed" signs, losing us valuable parking areas.
          There might have been a delivery. Because our lot is adjoined with at least 2 others, it's hard to say. I've seen large trucks come through the front before, and they always come from behind one of the restaurants that is on our lot.

Comment

Wouldn't it have been on CCTV?Do the shops in the lot have security cameras at all?
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Wouldn't it have been on CCTV?Do the shops in the lot have security cameras at all?
              We don't have any CCTV cameras unfortunately

Comment

Working...
              X