X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I left...

Hello everyone, I'm back.

It's been a long 5 months, and I've come back.

There are a few reasons why I stopped coming here, but most of them stem from a personal issue that came about around 5 months ago. You see, on the 30th of June, my dad died of a stroke. It came as quite a shock, because, although he was a serious alcoholic, he was only 53. I haven't really worked since then, apart from continuing with a little volunteer work at college. Im not proud to say that I spent a fair amount of my time experimenting with new ways to deteriorate my health, mainly through drinking and chain smoking, but a few others that are a little more illegal.

But I'm done with that now, and I start my new job tomorrow. I will be working in the chilled food section of Asda (the English Wal-Mart). Its only part time, because Im working on a computer science degree as well, but I am looking forward to it, and Im looking to increase my hours.

I wont be dealing directly with customers unless they approach me, so I may not have many stories to start with, but Im going to try to be an active member of the forum.

Oh, and by the way, you dont have to worry about me, I wasnt all that close to my father for the last few years of his life, and I've had more than enough time to get over it. Also, I found out yesterday that my inheritence from him will be at least £38,000 (roughly $77,500 for those in the USA), until my ex step mother dies, when me and my brother will get another £77,500 (roughly $158,500) to share between us.

Turns out he was a lot more bloody rich than I thought. Its insane, considering my current household yearly income is only around £25,000. I guess I dont have to worry about student loans anymore.

Anyway, in conclusion, Im back, and thanks for the site.

Welcome back! Sorry about your loss, and glad to hear you are feeling better about things. I'm excited about hearing some tales from Asda! Supermarket stories always rock my socks...people go crazy in those places!

Liselotte
    x
    ~a lass unparallel'd~

Comment

Working...
    X