Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some pics, not the greatest with my digital camera.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...c%2021%202010/

Coloring is a little off on some, it was a dark red, not bright orange.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      Don't worry, if you miss it tonight it'll happen again in 2094.
      It'll happen before too. There are usually two a year, not always total. The next will be June 15th and December 10th both total eclipses.

I didn't see anything, it was overcast and snowing heavily in Copenhagen this morning.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        It'll happen before too. There are usually two a year, not always total. The next will be June 15th and December 10th both total eclipses.

I didn't see anything, it was overcast and snowing heavily in Copenhagen this morning.
        I think draggar meant that the next time a total lunar eclipse falls on a solstice will be in 2094.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
          I think draggar meant that the next time a total lunar eclipse falls on a solstice will be in 2094.
          Ahh, I see.

Comment

I was actually able to witness the eclipse, surprisingly enough. It was forecasted to be mostly cloudy, so I figured we were SOL, because it's been practically nothing but cloudy for weeks, but they decided to break and give us a gorgeous view of the moon! I got to see the moon full when I came home from work, a crescent at around 2am ET, and it all coppery-colored and covered at 3:10am ET with my hubby

And now I get to drag my I-only-got-4-hours-of-sleep ass to work for 8.5 hours. So worth it!
            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

well... i wanted to watch it, but 1 we had clouds, 2 if it was supposed to be at 140am Eastern time; and i'm in Central then it should've been at 1240 my time...and i was busy helping my mom cut out THIS dress for my black and white masquerade ball on NYE
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Set my alarm for two thirty and woke up to a thick, unrelenting cloud cover.

Suck.

Comment

I was really excited about this, and I forgot. I FORGOT! Who forgets something like this?

I blame it on too much birthday partying this weekend.

Comment

Solid rain, all. night. long.

There was no chance of catching even a glimpse, even though I was up.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So,I saw it when it started like 2am ish. Then ate lunch did some things and then ran like a mad woman through the entire hospital looking for a good place to see it from. But the clouds... DAMN CLOUDS...were hanging out until after the peak of the eclipse so I missed the copper color. The clouds cleared though about 3:45 and I could see it perfectly after that from the window next to the computer I was on. It hung high in the sky, perfectly visible after the eclipse was all but over. Bastard moon, I will have my revenge.

Comment

I stayed up the entire time it was going on, managed to get a real good look at it before the clouds decided to be a pain in the behind and cover it. I don't think I've EVER seen the stars look so bright around the moon, it was AWESOME!
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

It was pretty cloudy here too. I stayed outside in the cold and watched, eventually the clouds started drifting back and forth over the moon so I could see it somewhat intermittently haha. It was beautiful even if viewing conditions weren't optimal, I just wish I had someone to share it with - everyone was asleep!

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            (sigh) The kitty of romance could jump through my window anytime now...
                            If the kitty of romance jumped through my window my diary entry would most likely read:

"Dogs: fed."
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X