X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Gamer/Audiophile Advice

*THOC*

That would be the sound of yet another headset failing, and being thrown against the wall as the designers' mothers are cursed for ever spawning their get to make such craptastic gear.

I need help finding a good headset (headphones/microphone) for my XBox 360. None of the reviews I read seem to address the issues I always seem to run into. Mainly:

1) Cheap wiring. I lose a lot of headsets to wires coming lose at the headphones. Snap, Crackle, and Pop should be relegated to breakfast cereal, not my ears everytime I move my head.

2) I have a fat head. My ear-to-ear measurements are larger than normal, and I have cracked more than one set of headphones by overstreching them over time.

I'm looking for a good headset that can handle the punishment that just being me seems to dish out. I'm not afraid to shell out some money, but I need to know I won't kill them in a couple of months just from putting them on, or the wiring pulling out of the earpieces. I'd like some reviews that address the issues that crop up over time, or just some recommendations from people using them right now. Thanks for any help in advance.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

I've had Sennheiser headphones/mic for the last couple of years. The best I've ever used & still as good as the day I got them.
    Good sound, quite flexible & very comfortable on the ears

Admittedly, this is the 2nd set I've had... absolutely nothing wrong with the first ones except the wires made a very tasty snack for one of my guineapigs
    Last edited by Cazzi; 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: I can't spell!
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
      I've had Sennheiser headphones/mic for the last couple of years. The best I've ever used & still as good as the day I got them.
      Good sound, quite flexible & very comfortable on the ears
      I was going to recommend Sennheisers too! I loved my over-ear ones so much I bought Sennheiser ear-buds too. I also had a problem with the ear bud wires falling apart and making Rice Krispies sounds. So far I've had the ear buds for a few months and they're just as good as when I first got them. The sound quality is very good too for the price.
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I'll second the Sennheiser recommendations,the guys in the band were so impressed with my HD 212Pro that we got 3 pair for our studio.I have a large head too (in more ways than one I'm told ) & they're extremely comfortable.The other nice thing is that the cables are attached to the 'phones with tight-fitting mini-plugs,so if you accidentally step on the cord-I've done it enough times-they'll just pop out & you can pop 'em back in.

They're out of stock now at Amazon,but they have the best price.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

The boyfriend has a Sonic HP 259 headset that he bought about half a year ago at Fry's.

They've got a decent mic, they're fairly comfortable, they hold up just fine to use, and at that price, you can afford to have a spare or three.

Sonic HP 259 Headset at NewEgg

[edit to add] Based on the NewEgg comments, it appears the wiring is a bit on the thin side. However, his have been abused by our cats (chewing, dropping, yanking, etc) and haven't had an issue.

^-.-^
          Last edited by Andara Bledin; 12-22-2010, 01:57 AM.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i hear astro do a good headset.

Comment

At least some Sennheiser models actually have replacable cables. Older ones used a miniature jack, while newer ones have something more fiddly. Either way, I do recommend them.

Comment

Working...
              X