This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARRY POTTER WORLD!!!! (pics inside)

...Or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Its where I spent the first two hours of my day and I want to live there.

I am a HUGE fan of the HP series, and I can honestly tell you I walked into "Hogsmeade" and then the "Hogwarts" and I felt like crying. It was gorgeous.

Heres some pics. I just wanted to share.

Oh, and I had Butterbeer....Its kinda like cream soda. But I SWEAR it tastes like liquid cake? Lol.

ETA: The Forbidden Journey ride was INCREDIBLE!! You have to walk through Hogwarts and that in itself is awesome, but the ride was insane. I was a little worried that I wouldnt fit as I heard some "bustier" women were having issues and some were even turned away. BUT I (aka Boobs) FIT! And IT WAS AWESOME!
    Last edited by Amina516; 05-18-2013, 01:26 AM.

I is jealous....
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I is jealous....
      QFT...

That looks so amazing. I wanna go!

Comment

I hate you...I hate you SO HARD RIGHT NOW

*sob*

(more piccies please???)
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          I hate you...I hate you SO HARD RIGHT NOW

*sob*

(more piccies please???)
          Since you insist so nicely..
          Attached Files

Comment

A few more...Theyre random b/c i couldnt remember which ones I had already put up.. Lol.
            Attached Files

Comment

We were there in August and loved it. Did you get postcards stamped at Dervish and Banges? The pumpkin juice is really good, too. It tastes like cold chai tea.

BTW, I am very jealous. My boobs didn't fit into the Flight of the Hippogryph ride.

Comment

I did try the Pumpkin Juice and I actually liked it. Tasted like apple cider with a pumpkin twist. I still have some in the fridge. :P

I got on the Forbidden journey and the Flight of the Hippogriff. I skipped the other dueling coasters b/c I was on them many a time before they were rededicated to Harry Potter and theyre not really anything special. Plus wooden coasters give me a headache.

I didnt get the Postcards but I did pick up a few other souvenirs. Ravenclaw bag and scarf, a little suitcase with Hogwarts notecards and other random things. Shopping @ Dervish and Banges was hard due to the crowds, so I ended up buying the stuff from stores that werent in the HP section.

Im glad I waited til DEcember b/c the weather was PERFECTI know august in Florida too well and its dammmmn hot.
                Last edited by Amina516; 12-12-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Ugh! So jealous! Maybe I can get my dad to take Munchkin and me when we go visit him over the summer.
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

wannago wannago wannago.....I want to go!! Is it bad that I got goosebumps just looking at the pictures! That is SO cool.
                    You can't take the sky from me...

Comment

I WANNA GO!

(I wish they had it at the Hollywood Universal Studios; it'd be easier for me to get to!)
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                        Ugh! So jealous! Maybe I can get my dad to take Munchkin and me when we go visit him over the summer.
                        If you do go....Im telling you....go RIGHT WHEN the park opens and walk straight to the HP section. Otherwise the Forbidden Journey (WHICH WAS AWEEEESSSOOMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!) ride will be a 2 hour wait. If youre not into the rides, the stores are nice to peruse.

Quoth mlmama View Post
                        Is it bad that I got goosebumps just looking at the pictures! That is SO cool.
                        Considering I almost, literally CRIED....its not bad at all. Lol.

Comment

*SIGH*

I really want to see it sometime.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            I wish they had it at the Hollywood Universal Studios; it'd be easier for me to get to!
                            That would be so cool, but you just know that most of the ride type stuff would be broken and they'd never get around to really fixing it. Universal treats the Hollywood site like the unfortunate stepchild that they can't just ditch.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ran across this thread and just had to *squee* along with you! My hubby and I went there a week after it opened in June and it was absolutely incredible! I understand what you mean when you said you felt like crying when you walked into Hogsmeade - I felt that way, too, as dorky as that sounds I'm a huge HP buff.

The wallpaper on my computer for a very long time was a picture of Hogwarts I took. I also have an amusing picture of the snow-capped roofs of Hogsmeade with a palm tree in the background

LOVED the Forbidden Journey ride. We were able to go on it twice while we were there (spent 10 hours at Universal, almost exclusively in the HP section), only a 90-minute and 60-minute wait respectively.

Also, we ate at the Three Broomsticks and it was the best theme park food I've ever had. I wish I could buy butterbeer and pumpkin juice in the stores around here - so delicious!

Sorry, I get carried away with this subject
                              "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Working...
                              X