This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh God I'm scared.

I just got home from the grocery store, where I almost shoplifted because I forgot I hadn't payed... I thought I'd tell you guys because I don't have many friends... I can't retype the whole background so I'll copy from an IM conversation with one of the few friends I had.

I'm LeFarr, by the way.

LeFarr says:
    *Hi....
    *Oh God I'm scared.
    *I had one of my missing time moments at the grocery store today.
    Fox is Epic-ish says:
    **blink* why?
    LeFarr says:
    *Almost shoplifted.
    *I don't think you know about those.
    *Or do you?
    *At the end of Senior year...
    Fox is Epic-ish says:
    *...I don't
    LeFarr says:
    *I was getting sick. I'd have spells of not noticing things... I'd forget, and do something twice, or not do something and think I did.
    *I'd forget entire hours... EVen days.
    *I had one of those repetitive forgetting instances at the grocery store. They thought I was shoplifting but I honestly didn't remember to pay...
    * Oh God what if I'm getting sick again...
    *I used to collapse at bad times...
    *Just fall down...
    *And... bam. Out. You know?
    *I'd wake up.
    *But if I'm getting sick again... That'd be really bad...
    *I'm so scaredirght now.

I'm just really worried... I know people didn't believe me. I wouldn't believe me. You wouldn't believe me. But its true. I'm afraid I'm getting sick again...
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

I used to get those...not in that extreme but it was weird a few times to get ready for work and head in because damnit today is Thursday and not Friday... *sighs*

Was told to up certain vitamins and whatnot and I don't get them as bad, now it's more of a...where did those ten or so minuets go. Get thee to doctor.

Comment

I do things on automatic sometimes, and can't remember if I've actually done something or whether the actions were just a memory.

Losing chunks of time is pretty serious though, so I second Aethian... go to the doctor!
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Get. To. A. Doctor. Now.

Even if it turns out that you're not getting sick and its just stress or some such I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'd rather you get checked out. Especially if you're recognizing signs of an illness you had before and are afraid you're getting it again. Doctor time. As in yesterday.
        Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Doctor. Doctordoctordoctor. Doctor.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yes... I'm going to see a doctor. I've already e-mailed my psychiatrist and my psychologist about it. Still... I'm scared about going to the store again as well... And that's bad, because I need to do shopping every couple weeks or so.
            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

1. I believe you.

2. It happens often enough that it has a technical name: 'fugue states'.*

3. Psychiatrists and psychologists can help.

4. Take a friend with you to the store.
              Or ask your psychologist to refer you for a psychiatric nurse or a mental health nurse or a professional carer who can accompany you to places like the store, where fugue states can mess you up.

In any society which cares for their disabled people, you have a right to share in that care. If fugue states are a symptom for you, that care includes a shopping companion.

* yours might not be actual fugue states, or I may have gotten the name confused with something else, or there might be several different things which are all similar and one of them is called 'fugue states'. So tell your psych professionals the symptoms in your own words, and believe what THEY call it.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

When I was going through a break up, I walked out of the student campus shop with a handful of chocolate, got about a minute away before I realised that I hadn't paid. I went back, straight up to the counter and quietly (through tears, I was so worried I'd get into trouble) explained what happend (so that if they look through the security tapes, they would know what happened).
                I still went back there every day.

Point is, you are not alone in something like this. If you can take a friend shopping with you, it's a start.

Keep us posted on how things go with the psychiatrist etc x

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                  I'm scared about going to the store again as well... And that's bad, because I need to do shopping every couple weeks or so.
                  If you went back, paid and apologised, you shouldn't be scared to go back. I'm sure you're not the first.
                  You prove damn well that it was a mistake when you pay.

ETA Rereading the post it sounds as if you were caught leaving. You should still go back. They may keep an eye on you for a while.
                  Last edited by Mikkel; 12-16-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Repeating what everyone, especially Seshat, said, and also
                    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

If you're worried about not paying at the store, you could request that they have someone accompany you to ensure there are no mishaps.

Have a list and be polite, and things should go just fine.

Please, keep us updated and good luck.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A very dear friend of mine goes through that also. With him, it's Multiple Personality Disorder aka "split personality." He is aware of at least 5 different personalities within him, but usually all he knows is that he is missing chunks of time, anywhere from minutes to months.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X