This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2010 gift round up!

I know its early but some peopel have already posted about receiving some presents early...

Here's what I got at my 3rd Annual Gamer's Christmas last night....
    • 500 piece double sided puzzle of dalmations termed "the worlds most difficult puzzle"
    • a hand crochted scarf in my favorite colors
    • a book full of Dragon short stories by various authors
    • a gift baggy full of homemade cooking

Anyone else?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

So far nothing and not expecting anything.

I have given
    a years worth of garbage service
    a metal pen that writes in metal
    a box of chocolates
    5-date and movie for two passes
    4-$25 gift cards to various places
    a wolf print
    multiple types of chocolates/candies
    chains for boots

yea...next year I am giving nothing. I'm sick of giving things getting little to no acceptance of gifts and then being looked at like I should have given more.

Comment

Eh.. people don't really give me stuff. I did get a lot of awesome cards from the exchange on here, though!

I cut paper for, stitched, and hardback-bound some pretty journals and sketchbooks for a few people. My mother is getting one of the Burt's Bees gift packs from me as well.

Comment

I got the super deluxe Dragon Age with all the dlc, and I know I'm getting a pair of slippers.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I got a pink/fuchsia Coach bag from my cousin in San Diego! It was totally unexpected. We exchange gifts every Christmas. Pictures included in this post. I will let you know the rest when I open them at Christmas.
          http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...1/SDC11026.jpg
          http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...1/SDC11024.jpg
          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

We don't really do a formal Christmas over here, so it's random gifts throughout the month for me.

* Oster toaster oven
            * Crocheted comforter
            * Dominion (game)

The game is from an online gift exchange. The comforter was made by my mom. And the toaster oven was a total surprise gift from someone who wishes to remain unamed to avoid drama. I haven't used it, yet, but we did make a point to buy a power strip so we could actually plug it in.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Awesome tree ornaments made by my five year old daughter.
              Picture frame made of glittery sheet foam by same
              Kitchen Aid mixer
              box of acessories for said mixer

Comment

Hubby bought me so far (he feels bad because I got him lots of presents since October )
                Shower set with soap, bubble bath, and other nice spa-ey things-apple scent!
                Train case with makeup
                cute Santa-ey outfit (kind of a naughty one, but I can wear the hat in public!

And he's getting me more tomorrow...that he'll probably hide until Christmas.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Mrs. TGK bought me an awesome coat and flannel-lined jeans--super warm. My aunt sent us a Land's End fleece blanket. My BIL a box of locally-made chocolates and cousin-in-law a couple bottles of wine.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So far I've gotten this awesome Chinese dragon statue, it's beautiful! I know I'm going to get at least two checks and a pair of socks so far, for how much I don't yet.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

From holiday parties w/ gift exchange games I've gotten:

Shiny gold Reindeer horns
                      books (Magician: Apprentice and Daughter of the Empire both by Feist)
                      a Christmas tree ornament
                      a yarn angel ornament
                      and a key chain of a monkey making rude gestures

Comment

I don't think I'm going to get anything this year except for the Kermit & Mrs. Piggy Happy Meal Toy I found last time I went to the Thrift Store. I was going to buy it ($0.25), but Mom took it, bought it, and said I could have it after Christmas.

Comment

So far all I have gotten is a box of very fancy choccies from my shift lead.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Only gift I know I was going to get was a set of flannel sheets--because I told my mom I was buying another set of fleece sheets so she had to spill the beans.

She just gave me the money for my fleece sheets and showed me the flannel sheets she got. I don't even like the pattern. But it's the thought that counts.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                              Kitchen Aid mixer
                              box of acessories for said mixer
                              Awesome!

I'm buying myself one of those. Some day..

Comment

Working...
                              X