This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Eclipse!!

Is anyone else ridiculously excited for this?!?!?!?!??!?!

Huh? HUH? HUH??

Lol. Its been so long since Ive seen one. Ill be at work, but Ill be able to sneak out every now and then. I wish I was home so I could watch it with my huband, but oh well. North America is the best place to see from. Starts @ 2:40 am. Its also the Winter Solstice. These two events have not coincided for almost 400 years, so its rare indeed.

Party like it's 1638!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Comment

Don't worry, if you miss it tonight it'll happen again in 2094.

Now, to get up early or not, that is the question!
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Not really, but only because there's a bad snowstorm going on here, and I won't be able to see it.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I know I have to be into work 2.5 hours early tomorrow.

I know I'm already overworking myself.

I don't care.

I'm staying up, and I'll sit and wrap gifts while watching it out my bedroom window.

If I had a circle that I trusted, I'd put together a quick ritual. No luck, though.

Comment

Stupid question... 2:40 am in which time zone?
            I know you are in Pennsylvania but my geography of the US is terrible.

Comment

2:40 AM Eastern Standard Time.

I'm hoping to get a glimpse of it, but it's become a family joke that anytime anything worth seeing is going on in the sky, it's cloudy here. I've seen it go from a beautiful clear sky to solid clouds right before something nice was supposed to happen (Perseids, eclipse, comets, whatever). It's been snowing all day, of course.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                The Doberman of entropy is drooling in the gloom
                And slinking through the vestibule the Wiener Dog of doom
                - L&P Berryman
                When through the open window jumps the kitty of Romance...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

For those of you who will be up and want to watch and have access to a computer, NASA will be streaming it live.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    When through the open window jumps the kitty of Romance...
                    (sigh) The kitty of romance could jump through my window anytime now...
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm home for winter break this week so my brother and younger sister and I are staying up together to watch it. We're watching Christmas movies. I feel a little bad that they have to wake up at 6 for school, but it's cool to be sharing something so once in a lifetime with them!

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

I got up to see it (went to sleep a few hours ago since I have the start of a migraine coming on...) ... and it's cloudy as hell here! It was cloudy this morning but had cleared up by the afternoon so I was hoping it'd stay clear. I am so disappointed. At least I can still see pics and videos of it on the internet.

Comment

Damn you KiaKat! Look what you made me do?

BTW, times are wrong, since I forgot to fall back on the camera's clock.

http://photos.icelus.tzo.com/v/LunarEclipse/

Comment

I was excited, then I went outside on the roof the my office (28 floors up) and saw:

http://wraithscrono.deviantart.com/a...2010-190344582

since the clouds refused to clear, I redid some skyline at night pics to pass some times lol.
                            Example: http://wraithscrono.deviantart.com/a...door-190344825
                            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I had to miss it because of the FRACKING snow storm in my area
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X