Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jester, it's the same game as Great Dalmuti or Dilbert's Corporate Shuffle. The only difference is the drinking (although either one of the commercial games could be drunk to.)
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Jester, it's the same game as Great Dalmuti or Dilbert's Corporate Shuffle.
      Having never plaid either one, I can't comment on that.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      The only difference is the drinking (although either one of the commercial games could be drunk to.)
      But if they aren't drinking games, what's the point?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Now, maybe you left something out, but it doesn't sound like there is any way for the "killer" to be caught. Messed with, messed up, sure, but not caught by the authorities. What kind of "serial killer" game is that? I mean, one of the biggest risks of being a serial killer IS being caught by the law.
        You're right. Some of the targets are 'people of authority' (police, government officials) that if you try to kill, things turn into a shootout. Also, I believe that there's a few cards that turn your potential victims into undercover police.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Another fun card game to play is called "Lunch Money"

It's a card game and a street fight all rolled up into one.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Having never plaid either one, I can't comment on that.
            The Great Dalmuti (and like the other, too) are exactly the same game, only with purpose-printed cards and official rules.

Lunch Money is another dark game. The images are really great. There's a sequel/expansions called Beer Money.

The same company has a game called Once Upon a Time, which is sort of a competitive committee storytelling session. The goal is to get rid of all of your cards and reach a happy ending. It requires some fast-thinking and being creative.

If you're feeling more cerebral, you can try Palabra. I call it "pirate scrabble" based on the way it plays, and the fact that you can steal other people's words and the points associated with them.

I've played many a game with who I believe was the game's original designer, Jim Kondrick, but can't be certain of that, since I never did get the guy's name despite having played with him over the course of three years. >_<

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X