This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A scare this morning.. :(

So I go to bed @ 1am. Around 4am both of my dogs start barking. Now, my Rocky will bark if he thinks he hears a fly fart, but Charli doesnt bark unless you tell her to. So I knew that something was wrong.

I shake hubby awake and ask him to go check the dogs. First he stands at the top of the stairs and yells at them.. () I ask him to please actually GO downstairs b/c the kids are sleeping and my cousin is actually asleep on an air mattress in the living room. He goes down comes up, reports all is well.

Not even 3 mins later both dogs are doing it again. This time I get up, but hubby sees my concern and he goes downstairs again. I stand at the top of the stairs phone in hand, just in case.

Hubby cases the place throughly this time. He comes back up and tells me he heard what sounded like someone messing with the front door knob/door.

So some jerk was probably trying to break into my house on Christmas. What a jack ass. Im hoping the dog barks scared him away.

So of course, I couldnt sleep after that. Im running on 3 hrs and I know these kids will be up soon to open their gifts.

*snugs tight*

Dogs did their job, hope their pay got a bonus.

Comment

At least the pups did their job and y'all are safe. *hugs*

Comment

Though my dogs would never actually attack someone, they are good watch dogs. Especially our new dog. She barks and howls at anything that moves and anything that doesn't move.

Glad to see your dogs are smart enough to protect the house.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Glad all is safe, and the dogs deserve a bone for Christmas.

Reminds me of my old dog. Would rarely bark at all at anyone, and rarely hurt a fly. But he was a guard dog.

He died fighting off two wolves that tried to attack my cousin's kids. Took both wolves out at least.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My dog'll let me know if there's a problem & I'll take care of it.I don't think she could really do anything,she's only 45 lbs & a softmouth.

By "take care of it" I mean I'm very well armed...wanna borrow a gun Amina?
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              So some jerk was probably trying to break into my house on Christmas. What a jack ass. Im hoping the dog barks scared him away.
              They probably did. Most crooks won't mess with dogs; even a small dog can inflict a nasty bite. And if your dogs have "big dog barks" (deep voiced and loud), they'll assume it's a German Shepherd, Doberman or something similar and run like hell.

I hope you can get a nap in today. And I agree with everyone else, those doggies deserve something yummy for scaring off the creep!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So Im fresh off the nap, thankfully. But Im still a little nervous about going back to bed.

We have a bigger dog with a deep bark and a little yappy one. Im grateful they were there, IDK what would have happened otherwise. Dogs have been rewarded in meats.

Thanks everyone for their kind words.

and Freddie, yes...yes I do. Ive been looking at some online and in the papers.. prices and whatnot. But this started a while ago. Maybe Ill get it for Mothers day. LOL

Comment

I'm glad you're OK! I'm guessing they won't come back because now they know there are dogs at your house. But I'd be pretty nervous, too.

If you could use a laugh here's a joke from one of my neighbors:

A guy breaking into a house forced open a window and crawled inside. He heard a voice say, "Jesus is watching you."

He looked around and saw a parrot in a cage. On the cage was a plaque that read "Moses"

The burglar says, "Who the hell would name a parrot Moses?"

The bird says, "The same guy who named the Rottweiler Jesus."
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

my pooch is the most gentle and timid thing ever. she jumps in a rain drop falls on her. but if anyone comes at us in a threatening manner...she goes all "guard doggy." she almost ripped the throat out of a random dog a few months ago that started barking at me.
                    hell, The Hubs was tickling me the other day and my dog got all up in our business cuz she thought he might be hurting me.

i'm glad your dogs scared off the perp! meats is a very good reward for such courageous acts.
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

Good dogs. That should earn them a biscuit or two. Here are some recipes--there are more on that site.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X