This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for all that...

In 14 minutes I have to get ready for bed. I gotta start at 5 tomorrow morning. Another Christmas will be over.

I always get a little sad seeing Christmas come and go. I'll miss the music (that I choose to listen to on my terms), the food, the decorations and seeing the joy in some people that more than makes up for the assheads who let their holidays be ruined over trivial things. And I'll miss seeing old friends who are back in town for Christmas.

But on the other hand, I'm relieved the crazy at work is coming to an end. I'll be able to take some time off next month and work a couple really short weeks. I'll have time to do things I've been putting off for too long, like getting an eye exam and new glasses.

And besides I always thought Christmas was more special when I was a kid. I didn't have the cooking, cleaning, decorating, shopping and working to do, and I always got that glorious time off of school.

I dunno, maybe I'm getting that Charlie Brown feeling about Christmas. How does the end of Christmas make you feel?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I felt overloaded before Christmas -- so many things I wanted to do, not enough time, energy or living space to do them. Christmas itself, however, went quite well; we all had a nice haul of gifts and my dinner turned out very tasty.

Like you, I am slightly melancholy about seeing it end; it seems the bright spot in an otherwise grey and long winter. But I have a new job to look forward to in January, so that's another bright spot (goodbye to retail, hopefully for good!).
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

A little sad because the holidays are pretty, and once the decorations are gone winter is just nasty, long and exhausting. But also relieved because the fuss is over with, the crowds will thin out in the stores, and spring is coming! Slowly, but it's coming.

I agree, it's all a lot more fun when you're a kid!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I dunno. I didn't even put up my (little tiny) tree until Wednesday night, and roomie never got around to putting up the lights on the balcony like she has the last few years. I hung up a door decoration my mom gave me last year (that's been up a couple weeks), and got a couple cute dish towels last week just cuz they were on sale at Kohls (they have letters on them, got each of our first initials). Other than that and the cards on my bookcases, all my decorations that I have here are still in the box in my closet.

It was nice to see my family (though I see most of them relatively often), and my cousin and her family were up from North Carolina (I see them a couple times a year maybe), but roomie is staying at her mom's and I am enjoying the quiet apartment. I didn't have dessert at my aunt's so I came home and had some hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies. I might even go to bed at a decent hour...

I guess I feel like I'm a little sad that I'm just not all that into it this year.
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-26-2010, 03:00 AM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Job wise

after being in retail (the gas station) and now delivering food, the Xmas season is pretty much BLAH whatever. in that aspect it is just another day or season that rolls by once a year. just like football season or the summer. SSDD not even really depending on the weather.

Personal life wise

Since my Mom died earlier this year Xmas has lost some of its luster. no Jan. road trip to plan to send time with her anymore.

other than that I still enjoy putting up the lights on the house and doing up the tree (although this year I did not get to do the tree platform as I wanted to cause of work and cold/flu)

This year it was kinda blah for me.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X