This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow in Florida!

I live in north Florida and there are snowflakes blowing around outside right now! They're not sticking or anything, but they're definitely there! Too bad we didn't get it yesterday. But still, OMG YAY!
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I live in New Jersey and weather.com says "Blizzard", chance of snow 100%.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I live in New Jersey and weather.com says "Blizzard", chance of snow 100%.

same here but in CT. half the state is under blizzard warning the other half winter storm warning. glad im not working today

Comment

It has mostly been gorgeous here in Key West. For example, yesterday I enjoyed Christmas the way I love to: off work and at an open air bar drinking beer and listening to live music in shorts and a t-shirt, with the temperature at about 80.

Today, however, is much different. Right now it's 65, and it's supposed to drop to 51 tonight. And it's supposed to get windy. When it's windy and chilly in Key West, that wind coming off the Atlantic makes it seem much colder than it is.

I know, warm compared to most places, but I don't live in those cold places...I live in the tropics for a reason!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          It has mostly been gorgeous here in Key West. For example, yesterday I enjoyed Christmas the way I love to: off work and at an open air bar drinking beer and listening to live music in shorts and a t-shirt, with the temperature at about 80.
          Sometimes I hate you.

Last night was cold but at least I wasn't wearing a short skirt like my cousins' 15-year-old daughters. The one was wearing a freakin' sundress. She had a hooded sweatshirt jacket over it, and tights, but still...

Though I had a bit of a hike because my aunt's street is lined with piles of leaves so parking was a pain. They have a big horseshoe driveway but I didn't want to get trapped in there in case I wanted to leave before whoever might end up blocking me in, and I couldn't block the one side because it extends up to the side of the house and my uncle needed to be able to pull up there so my aunt wouldn't have to walk far. So I ended up in a relatively leaf-free area in front of the house next door.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-26-2010, 05:36 PM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

[/I]
            You evil evil man.

I await the blizzard as well, BSE.

Comment

Freeze watch here in Fort Lauderdale until Tuesday morning. Temps are expected to get down to the mid 30's Monday night. It's cool out now, low to mid 60's.

It's been q cold winter here for us so far.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We're just outside of Jacksonville. My poor fiance has spent all day looking out the window hoping to see a few snowflakes.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  <channeling us northerners>

bite me ...

EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm used to walking outside here and getting my face burned. By the sun. Getting this treatment from the wind is bizarre.
                    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

This is what the weather is like over here:

Blizzard-like conditions in many areas have led to treacherous road conditions...

...some trains experienced delays from 30 minutes to an hour (...) Local rail traffic in the capital city area has also suffered minor delays because of the frosty conditions. This is nothing - I was on a train in Britain last year which was delayed by a whole two hours, because the brakes froze. The Finns are keeping tings moving pretty well.

There is also an exceptionally large amount of ice in the Baltic Sea, and the Saimaa Canal will probably be closed earlier in the season than usual.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Sometimes I hate you.
                        My work here is done.

As I posted a while back on my facebook, for those us who live here in Paradise, it is not only our privilege to gloat to those who live in the cold northern climes, it is our DUTY.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        You evil evil man.
                        Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        <channeling us northerners>

bite me ...
                        See above.

For those of you less than amused with me and my gloating, you will be happy to know that the next few days are scheduled to be cold (by Key West standards) down here.

Of course, this works for me as well, as it usually means more business (and thus more money) for me at my indoor bar.

Happily, the current forecast for New Year's Eve weekend, which I have off starting probably no later than 8 pm NYE night, is absolutely lovely.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Just came back from a relative's place a few hours' drive north...We got snow flurries that actually started sticking after an hour or so, on xmas day...was puuurdy. They have a couple of young kids, so it was so much the better. Bro was throwing snowballs at the house, so Mom complained...so, naturally, he threw more ^_^

I just drove back tonight, only to find the temp here, in my own little slice of gourmand heaven, *colder* than where and when I left...just no snow. We've actually been colder than several areas well north of us for most of the season >_<
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                            We're just outside of Jacksonville. My poor fiance has spent all day looking out the window hoping to see a few snowflakes.
                            ha ha That is so cute!
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We actually warmed up today to -10 C ( 14 F) , it felt like spring

Comment

Working...
                              X