Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Aethian (or anyone else who works for USPS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Aethian (or anyone else who works for USPS)

My husband and I moved into this house earlier this year, in April. The people who lived here before us only lived here for about a year, but the people who lived here before them (whose last name was Roberts) lived here for like 10 years. With Christmas approaching, we have been getting a lot of mail for the Roberts family. Apparently they never told some of their friends/family that they moved, and by now any mail forwarding that they had set up has probably expired. Up till now, we've just been writing "no long lives here" or something on the letter and dropping it back in the box, but tonight we got a letter with no return address. Should we just drop it back in the box with another note that we're not the Roberts, or should we open it and see if there's a return address inside that it can be sent back to?

Do NOT open the letter, do as you have before. The dead letter office will take care of that letter. A lot of times they can get it back to where it came from or sometimes send it through the forward even if it's expired. Don't fully know but I would love to work in that office.

Comment

Great, thanks for the fast response!

Comment

I've been in my apartment for 3 years; we still get mail for previous tenants (at least 3 or 4; two of the names appear to be a couple). Some of it is clearly junk mail, which we toss, but some of it looks like professional development-type stuff for the one woman who apparently was a nurse or something. I slap a post-it on it and stick it back out for the mail carrier. I don't think we've ever gotten any really personal mail (like letters, cards) for them, though.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat
          Great, thanks for the fast response!
          I had just did a check on new threads and it was the first one... Timing baby, I had it.

Comment

Working...
          X