X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy overreaction, batman!

Here's a quick one from last week...

Call came in, I look up the guy's info. I asked for his address, but he didn't give me the zip code....

Me: May I please have your ZIP code?

SC: I don't know my ZIP code! *In a very snooty tone.*

Me: Sir before we can continue I need your ZIP....

SC: ASK ME ANOTHER FUCKING QUESTION TO VERIFY ME! THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! BLARGLE FUCK BLARGLE! BLARGLE FUCK BLARGLE! BLARGLE FUCK BLARGLE! BLARGLE FUCK BLARGLE!

Yes, merely pressing for his ZIP code (How the hell do you not know your own ZIP code?) caused him to launch into a F-bomb laced tirade. Thankfully, somewhere in the middle of his cursing spree he gave me the last four of his social, so I used that instead.

Me: Okay sir I can use your social as a verifier, but I'm just doing my job in verifying you, there's no need to hurl profanity at me.

CS: Fine then! *Begins to explain the issue.*

Sadly, I couldn't even help him with his problem..... because he choose to call from work and not home.

He might be embarassed because he can't remember it but that is no excuse for being abusive.

Comment

I know that for a year (or so) after I move, I can't remember the postal (zip) code. Thus is why I have my DL ready to go just in case they ask. And if it's not ready, I turn it into a joke about how dense I can be. For some reason, I always get good service from the people at the other end of the line.

The caller for the OP is a total arse. My sympathies for not being able to hang up on them after the first profanity.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
      X