This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Call 911

Yesterday, I was guarding the front door counting people and making sure customers didn't enter the store without a face mask. When I saw a customer enter without a mask, I politely let them know that they needed a mask to enter the store. Most of them left to correct the error and one customer was surprised that her mask wasn't on. However, one customer made such a big deal about it, saying he left it at home. Earlier, another customer also left his mask at home but he left without a fuss. I had to page the store director on the walkie talkie and he showed up after the employee covering the desk told the customer pretty much the same thing I did.

The customer and the store director ended up talking outside. The store director ended up giving a disposable mask to the customer. When the customer came back in, he told me not to give him a hard time and that he would call 911. I ended up calling the store director again who told me not to worry about it (since I was enforcing the mask policy).
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Call 911 and tell them ... what, exactly?

I've mislaid my "good" mask. Hope it turns up soon. The only other one I've got is improperly made.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I don't know what 911 would do, either. I get not wanting to go put on a mask or use a different door to go in/out of, but right now that's how it is.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Thankfully, 99% of customers at our store have abided by the "masks or GTFO" rules. That said, there were two gentlemen tonight just before I got off my shift who came in, one with mask, and one without. Granted, this was was barely an hour before the store closed, and there were virtually no other customers around, but still, dude.

Comment

"Hello, police? I'm being refused service because I'm not complying with their stated terms of service! ... Hello? Why are you laughing?"
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Nuisance call

I believe 911 can charge you for nuisance calls, it may require more than one call but I am also sure if someone calls and refuses to end the call or keeps calling back that charges can be laid.

Comment

Even if officers were called out, they're seriously NOT going to force a business to let someone in.

Had one back in my security days. Repo guy, wanting to yank one of my resident's vehicles in a gated community. For me to allow the repo guy in, I'd have to call and get permission for him to be allowed in. Secondly, all the residents park their vehicles in closed garages, so he wouldn't be able to nab the car ANYWAYS. Repo guy was serious that he was going to get in, one way or another. Eventually called the police HIMSELF, thinking that he could BS the cops into getting him in. Yeah, no dice, you go away now. Enforced by the police that YOU called.

Comment

Working...
              X