This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from Corporate: The Tale of the Holographic Scratches

Corporate has started hiring seasonal employees for the holiday rush! And released a shiny new special edition product for prerelease at the same time in anticipation of the holidays! Incidentally, these two things over lapping have created a crisis.

Background: the item is highly coveted, had a minimal prerelease amount allocated for sale, the opportunity only given to our most loyal customers. This was sold through and the remaining inventory is likely on a barge in the south pacific and will be sent out randomly to various stores later in the holiday season. Think Cabbage Patch in the 1980s.

New warehouse staff were in charge of packaging the preorders to our of the shiny and some of the orders went out WITHOUT PACKING PEANUTS. All that shiny tinfoil packaging is now scuffed to hell and back. But oh wait, it was limited edition and has now been removed from our inventory. So we can't send out replacements! YAY! Escalations everywhere! You get an escalation, you get an escalation, everyone gets an escalation! I'm currently watching a group of collectors on a website exchanging strategies on how to strong arm customer service into giving them the coveted unscratched boxes that they think the company is hoarding.

Spoiler: we have no boxes. We didn't prepare for this. May I add your name to a lovely wait list?

This holiday season already sucks. Send halp.

So I'm guessing the packaging is as much a part of the "collectability" as the item itself?

What the heck were they thinking, to pack it without protection anyway?

I remember buying something breakable from a friend via eBay. She put the items into a padded envelope ...

When I told her they'd been damaged in transit, she wailed "But I wrote 'FRAGILE' on the envelope!!"

I have the feeling she wasn't an eBay seller for very long ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      So I'm guessing the packaging is as much a part of the "collectability" as the item itself?

What the heck were they thinking, to pack it without protection anyway?
      "Packing peanuts are expensive and UPS/USPS/FedEx/whoever won't throw the boxes around or crush them under heavier ones."
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
      X