This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Little Miss Clueless

Asking me what screen you just walked out of, when you have just nipped out to use the toilet, all out of sight of me, is not an excuse to get ratty at me when I ask you which film you had gone to see.
    And likewise, saying "The French film" isn't helping me work it out when we are showing 3 French films at the same time!

TIFF

I would hate to think how lost this person could get at the Toronto Film Festival.

Did she ever remember the name of the movie she was at?
    Last edited by Dave1982; 05-10-2014, 08:49 PM. Reason: There was no need to quote the entire post. We just read it

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
      Asking me what screen .... isn't helping me work it out when we are showing 3 French films
      Ratty Girl: "What screen was I in?"
      LoT: "Seven!"
      Ratty: "That wasn't it!!!"
      LoT: "Ah. You're right, it was number four."
      Ratty: "Do you know what you're doing? That wasn't it either!!!"
      LoT: "I can just about guarantee you that it was number eleven then ma'am. Sorry 'bout the mix-up."

I guess people don't hang on to their stubs anymore?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        I guess people don't hang on to their stubs anymore?
        I have a habit of holding onto my stub until the movie is over before I pitch it in the trash. I just don't feel right unless I'm turning the ticket over in my hand as I watch the movie. Don't know why that is, but if I accidentally drop it during the movie, I'm always scrabbling around in the dark on the floor until I find it again.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          ... holding onto my stub ...
          If I let go of my stub before the show's over I don't get any entertainment at all.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            If I let go of my stub before the show's over I don't get any entertainment at all.
            You have to have one first.

*ducks and runs*

Some people need a date with a clue bat. Then maybe they wouldn't need to act like we retail peons are graduates of Miss Cleo's School of Mind Reading.

Believe me, if I could read your mind, I sure wouldn't be working here . . .I'd be making way more money off that talent than you could possibly see.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              You have to have one first.
              My ex was *not* surprised that I have Manx ancestry.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                My ex was *not* surprised that I have Manx ancestry.
                Manx are good cats . . . I had a few of them. One had a special habit of walking on my computer keyboard when she wanted to get online.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Believe me, if I could read your mind, I sure wouldn't be working here . . .I'd be making way more money off that talent than you could possibly see.
                  Because that would not be mind reading, that would be miracle making. Got to have something to be read FIRST. So..not sure you would make much money, but almost sure that if you did try.. you would probably be given a free room with rubber walls and a jacket that gives you a hug.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but when I go the movies I always put my stub in my purse or my pocket. Somehow I feel paranoid about not having it on me in case I have to go to the bathroom (even though there are bathrooms past the ticket taker). I guess I just don't feel right throwing it away until after the movie is over. Or more likely finding in my purse three months later while I'm cleaning it out, lol.

This girl obviously expected you to memorize what theater each customer went into. I don't know if I would have even had a clever response for this if I were you. I'd probably just stand there blinking trying decide if she was for real or not.

Comment

I keep my ticket stubs around long after the film's ended; a sort of token reminder or some such thing, even if it's just a generic ticket.
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

If I could read minds, I'd spend a lot of time playing poker.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                          I keep my ticket stubs around long after the film's ended; a sort of token reminder or some such thing, even if it's just a generic ticket.
                          Here is a cartoon that comments on keeping tickets.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            Because that would not be mind reading, that would be miracle making. Got to have something to be read FIRST. So..not sure you would make much money, but almost sure that if you did try.. you would probably be given a free room with rubber walls and a jacket that gives you a hug.
                            Free hugs? That doesn't sound so bad....heeey wait a second!

Comment

Working...
                            X