This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was the same colour downstairs

We're on a stair carry. Up a small, two stage staircase so we've got to make a difficult turn at the landing. Just a pain in the ass. But such is life, if you don't like it, get a new job.

Most of the stuff is up and we're working on the install. They were an UNBELIEVABLE pain in the ass throughout this ordeal, getting in the way, nitpicking every little detail, but that's another post. The last item we have is a large, heavy, and very expensive couch. I hear a little jibber-jabbering going on, and I figure out that they may not even want this couch. The polite thing to do would have been to come to me with this, but instead I had to figure it out from their whispers behind my back. But since I've heard this, I want to make sure they want it before we start the ordeal of bringing it up the stairs. Well they hmmm and haaah, and can't quite decide, so I give them some time to work on that life changing decision while we finish off some details.

Finally we're at the end, and they still haven't come to a decision. Well, that's not true, they've decided that they have to see it in the office to make a decision. I should have told them no, make a final decision, but I just wanted to get it over with, so up it goes. This was an incredible pain in the ass because on top of the weight, we've got to be super careful not to damage anything. Dripping with sweat and on the point of exhaustion, we get it into the office. We haven't even set it down when I hear "Oh, it's a cream colour, we wanted white... we don't want it". Not even trying to hide my anger, I ask "You couldn't see that downstairs". Well, they just thought that in the different light it would look different. Now I understand this, different light does have an affect on how things look, but it's not going to completely alter a hue; cream will never turn into white regardless of the lighting. The fact that they were completely unapologetic and their attitude was a slave mentality of "what?!? this is your job, why do you have a problem?!" made things all the worse.

So I let them know that I've got to call in to get authorization to return it. Well they are authorizing the return, I don't need to call it in. Yeah, thanks, I think I know my company's protocols a little better than you do, besides, I have to find out if there is an additional charge to double handle this product. Well there's no additional charge, they're paying to have everything moved. Yeah, again, thanks, I think I know my company's protocols better than you do; besides, we need a break. But they want to go home. Getting right into their face: "You see us dripping with sweat, you see us breathing hard; we need to catch our breath if we're going to lug this thing back down the stairs; we will be right back".

So since these people who have wasted so much of my day with stupid questions and stupid complaints are now suddenly in a hurry, I milk this break for all it's worth. Oh geez, look at that, my phone is locked up, better reboot it. Oh, such a shame, voice mail, guess I have to wait for a return call. Oh silly me, I was calling the office number rather than the cell number, that explains why I got the voice mail; okay, let's look up this cell number. I drag this out for over 20 minutes before getting the okay that I already knew was approved. We lug it down and off we go.

If these people had a little bit more respect and empathy, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. But their whole attitude of "we're paying for this so shut up and do whatever we say" just made the whole ordeal so much more worse.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I'm bringing this out of retirement for this post:

cock smoking dick biscuits
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Inconsiderate, power-tripping assholes. They're like the putzes who come into a store at two minutes before closing, then spend two hours casually strolling about, looking at every little thing and bitching at you if you try to hurry them out the door. It's the "I'm the customer so I'm always right" mentality, the bane of every customer service worker.

I don't blame you for doing a little passive-aggressive revenge. I even commend you for keeping your cool and not absolutely ripping them a well-deserved new one.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
        So since these people who have wasted so much of my day with stupid questions and stupid complaints are now suddenly in a hurry, I milk this break for all it's worth. Oh geez, look at that, my phone is locked up, better reboot it. Oh, such a shame, voice mail, guess I have to wait for a return call. Oh silly me, I was calling the office number rather than the cell number, that explains why I got the voice mail; okay, let's look up this cell number. I drag this out for over 20 minutes before getting the okay that I already knew was approved.
        Ohhh I'm reminded of this:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbLGNDqUxA

"You enjoyed that."
        "You're damned right!"
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

What a bunch of self-centered douchecanoe's! I'm glad you padded the bill, they deserved it!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            What a bunch of self-centered douchecanoe's! I'm glad you padded the bill, they deserved it!
            EvilHomer didn't pad the bill, he padded his break and made them sit around twiddling their thumbs after making him and his crew waste time and exhausting effort bringing up a couch that they could have made a decision about downstairs. If they were in such a hurry to leave, they shouldn't have wasted time making them lug the couch upstairs.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

What horrible people. Sure it's your job to move things. That doesn't make you a lesser human being than them. They are idiots.

Comment

They really were assholes but I loved the way you dragged that break out just to screw with them.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                X