This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, I'm rude.

Last Thursday, I called a customer because his auto loan was 30 days past due. He told me the payment was dropped in the mail the day before. I said that was fine. Then he told me I was rude. He said he wished he'd never taken out loans with our bank, and that he'd never work with us again. I was so confused, I didn't know what to say. In fact, I said that I didn't know what to say.

It was only the second time I'd ever spoken to him, and the first time, he called me to ask what the payoff of this loan was (there were only two payments left, but the penultimate one was past due). Based on their payment history on this loan, this isn't a customer we need to keep anyway.

We received the payment in today's mail. It wasn't quite enough to pay off the loan. With trepidation, I called the customer to inform him of this. He seemed ok until I gave him the amount that was still owing (about $45). He said he was going to speak to my supervisor. Ok, whatever. I told him my supervisor's name and that he's out of the office until tomorrow, but that he was welcome to speak with him, if he wished. That's when the SC told me I had an "attitude." Whatever. I didn't do anything wrong. It's just annoying.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Sounds like he's trying to get the last little bit of the loan forgiven, or whatever the term is.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How dare you call him and ask him to pay back the money he borrowed! The nerve!

Speaking for myself, I prefer if a bank calls me when a payment is late, especially if they'll do so before assessing late fees.

Comment

Ghel, you've been here long enough to know that no = rude!

Sounds like a deadbeat trying to get your bank to write off the last of the loan, don't do it!

I agree, not a customer worth keeping...

Comment

I'd suggest giving your sup a heads-up, and ask that he be prepared to listen to the calls if he feels the need.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, I talked to my sup after the first call, and he said don't worry about it. People get upset when they're called out for being late on their payments. I talked to him again this morning, and thanked me for the warning. SC didn't leave him a voicemail, so we'll see if he actually calls today.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

When they ask for a supervisor, you are supposed to be all nervous and submissive, Oh pleae don't call my supervisor. When you tell them ok, go ahead, here is bosses name and number, that means you have an attitude.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure the confidence in my voice when I told him he was welcome to contact my supervisor was what made him say I had an attitude.

He hasn't actually called, though. I guess that's a good thing. Either way, I'm not too worried about it. My sup said he has my back.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                X