X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church is over, we're clean for another week so let's go be SCs

Gotta love Sundays after church.

1)Old fart chews me out because we don't have big bags. Tried explaining we only get big bags during Christmas time but NO, he HAS to have a big bag for his 12 pack of toilet paper.

2)Old bat yells at me because we don't have small bags because she HAS to have a bag for her 50 cent greeting card. We haven't had small bags in years because frankly, they were a pointless waste of money.

3)Old goat yells at me because we didn't have any carts in the store. Never mind that me and cashier both were running register and had lines. She had to walk 5 feet BACK OUTSIDE to get a cart. I know for some seniors 5 feet can be difficult but for crying out loud, you walk RIGHT PAST the outside cart corral to get in the store. Is there really a big difference between carts sitting outside and carts sitting inside??

4)Why yes you can write a check for $2. Yes you have to fill it out, we're not Awful-mart. No, we're not "Kinfolk Dollar", we're "Dollar Admiral". Ok so you have to write a new check. No ma'am, we're not "Dollar Elm", we're "Dollar Admiral". Ok check #3. Good you got it right. Oh great, now you have to dig through your purse again to get your ID because nobody ever wants an ID when you write a check. No, that's ok, I'm sure the 5 people in line behind you don't mind that you're holding everything up.

5)One of these days I'm just going to start taking off my clothes every time people throw their money at me. Obviously they think I'm a stripper. But I warn you, it ain't gonna be pretty with all the jiggling and body hair

6)You know you sound like an idiot when you ask for a bag for something with a handle. "Can I get a bag, I have to carry it" Uhhhh, that's why the laundry bottle already has a handle on it, so you can carry it.

7)Yes Pepsi is on sale but you have to buy THREE to get the sale price, no you can't get Dr. Pepper, the ad CLEARLY states Pepsi or Mountain Dew. I don't care if Awful-mart let's you do it, we're not awful-mart.

8)No, we don't do cash back on debit. No you didn't just do it last week, our system has NEVER been set up to do cash back except for Discover.

9)No, you can't return food without a receipt. It may not be written in stone, but the state HIGHLY discourages stores to do it because if it was paid for with EBT and we're caught returning food with no receipt and giving a gift card, we can lose our EBT license.

Yes, Dollar Admiral customers could be quite "entertaining". I used to work for them back when I was in college in the early 90's.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Don't you just love it when OAP SC's expect you to bend over backwards for them? Like you, I understand that for some OAP' s, walking even small distances can be an issue for them, and normally I'd be more than happy to help them...if they weren't so damned rude about it! Sorry people, but you don't get excellent service when you treat people like your own personal slave.

Comment

6)You know you sound like an idiot when you ask for a bag for something with a handle. "Can I get a bag, I have to carry it" Uhhhh, that's why the laundry bottle already has a handle on it, so you can carry it.
        To be fair, depending on what I have and the handle on the object, I might ask for a handled bag for something with a handle to make things easier to carry en masse. A bleach or laundry detergent bottle's handle would be awkward to carry with a bunch of other handled bags; it would be easier to toss it in a bag and let it hang with the rest of the stuff I'm getting.

Plus, due to how a lot of those bottles are made, there's usually a rough ridge right inside the handle grip, that if it's heavy, it can dig into your hand if you're carrying it far.

Though for me, I'd have a reusable bag anyway for that sort of thing so the bag wouldn't risk breaking and so I can carry more. (and/or I toss the heaviest stuff in my book bag so I'm carrying the weight on my back/shoulders instead of hanging off my arms)

Still, if it is just that object (or that object and a bag), I'll usually forego a second bag for the handled object.

Comment

I enjoyed this read as I frequent the Dollar Admiral by my house quite often (cheap items, it's quick and easy and we get good deals on canned dog food for our dog there). As a fellow retail worker I try to be as pleasant and respectful as possible when I am a customer in another store. This makes me want to be an even more outstanding customer when I go to Dollar Admiral. I've been going to this one for a couple of years and the employees have all been there at least that long if not longer and they're always super nice and we chit chat. I had to do a return on something once - bought the wrong plug-in air freshener on accident and they were out of the one I wanted which was on sale and the cashier (we see her regularly and she is always friendly) gave me a full price one for the sale price even though I was fully prepared to pay the difference for a full price one without a complaint. I think all of us retail workers have a silent understanding, it really is a kinship.

But yeah thanks for the stories, I hope you have a better day at work soon, OP!

Comment

I reckon Mr Bag-for-detergent was just worried he'd run into friends, and they'd get the impression he was doing his own laundry or something, and it'd all go into some terrible spiral of confused sexuality & gender roles.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
              I never understand people who ask for gallons of milk, containers of detergent/bleach, ect., who insist on bags because it makes them "easier to carry" because "I'm going up stairs". That's why they have fucking HANDLES. Do people request bags to carry around their luggage when they go the airport?

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                I never understand people who ...insist on bags because it makes them "easier to carry"
                As with Jetfire, I carry a LOT of things at once. Five or so bags to an arm. I can get the handle of a grocery bag up to my elbow; a milk gallon handle, not so much.

Not going for a 'fail-to-see-the-suck' here, drjonah, but if they aren't SCs otherwise, maybe knowing why some people want those bags can dissipate at least one irritation a little?

And yes. I believe starting a bump-and-grind my be the single best response to thrown money I've seen here at CS. DO IT!

Comment

All the local counties have passed ordinances against plastic bags, and paper bags cost ten cents. I bought some heavy duty reusable bags, including a couple insulated bags, and I like it better than struggling with a bunch of small, easily torn plastic bags, and the cold stuff stays cold better in the insulated bags.

I was so glad I didn't work retail when the ordinances went into effect. The SCs must have made the cashiers miserable for days. Now and then I still see someone complaining.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    All the local counties have passed ordinances against plastic bags, and paper bags cost ten cents....I was so glad I didn't work retail when the ordinances went into effect. The SCs must have made the cashiers miserable for days.
                    Yes, they did, and still do. I live in a town where they banned the plastic "t-shirt" bags and sell paper bags for five cents. You'd think we were demanding a pound of flesh for these things! And it was all over the news for months before it took effect, so nobody could say they weren't warned.

It's been going on for a year now, and people still gripe about it. Last week, some old bozo ripped me several new ones about those bags. I suggested he talk to a lawmaker about it, and he said, "they won't do anything about it!" And you think I can? You think I'm responsible for the whole mess? Why would I want to make my job more difficult?!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback about the bag/handle issue. I should have been more specific. I was talking about they are only buying ONE item with a handle and piss and moan about wanting a bag for it.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback about the bag/handle issue. I should have been more specific. I was talking about they are only buying ONE item with a handle and piss and moan about wanting a bag for it.
                        These remind me of the people who take a shopping cart and end up in line with one little thing no bigger than their hand, maybe a can of tuna or some dogfood, or a load of bread.

Or the goofs I see walking down the street pushing a (stolen) shopping cart with ONE tiny bag in it.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          These remind me of the people who take a shopping cart and end up in line with one little thing no bigger than their hand, maybe a can of tuna or some dogfood, or a load of bread.

Or the goofs I see walking down the street pushing a (stolen) shopping cart with ONE tiny bag in it.

Well, I do that but only because I have six children and it's a LOT easier for me to put my youngest three in the buggy rather then have them walking and trying to chase after them LOL.

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
                            ... put my youngest three in the buggy...
                            We need shopping carts with barred lids.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                              3)Old goat yells at me because we didn't have any carts in the store. Never mind that me and cashier both were running register and had lines. She had to walk 5 feet BACK OUTSIDE to get a cart. I know for some seniors 5 feet can be difficult but for crying out loud, you walk RIGHT PAST the outside cart corral to get in the store. Is there really a big difference between carts sitting outside and carts sitting inside??
                              I'm convinced that some customers believe that the carts are somehow reprocessed somewhere between the outside cart corrals and the inside one. As if the inside carts are cleaner or fresher than the outside ones.

I don't know what they think happens to those carts when they're brought inside, but it is obvious that the inside carts are FAR more desirable than the outside carts.
                              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                              - IPF

Comment

Working...
                              X